What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iNgenious

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I subscribe to an email newsletter - About.com

I normally just look at the one section - inventors. However today I decided to explore the site further and discovered an amazing collection of useful information.

I was drawn to the iPad applications pages. I'm just looking at tactile vision iPad guide. It's most informative and excellent.
The iPad iPod and iPhone sections contain useful articles. I'm about to read about connecting my iPad to my TV.

Lets hope this link works.

http://ipad.about.com/

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was drawn to this image in my Family History magazine......

image-4248371925.jpg

... I wonder why! ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah . . . but is it true? Stories like that upset people and they should be upset if the story is true. The FCC has lots to say about these issues; they rule the electro magnetic spectrum. Not sure what is tested during the approval process.

It might be true and if so, something must be done.

Sometimes, the problem is with a pacemaker manufacturer that did not shield properly and not the iPad or other such device. Just like the ham that "bothers" your TV or radio. In many cases it is not the amateur's fault and the ham is not responsible for your problem. It is the TV owner/manufacturer that did not take steps to keep the interference out.

The story does bear watching, however.

A friends daughter just recently had an implant that stimulates the vagus nerve to control seizures. Once it was programmed (with an iPad at the hospital) it is controlled via a magnetic bracelet by waving the wrist over the device. It is located just off the collar bone, and it turns out can be triggered by the magnet on the iPad. This is a concern as he just bought an iPad 2 to help with the Boy Scouts (he is a Scoutmaster and helps train other Scoutmasters).

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
A friends daughter just recently had an implant that stimulates the vagus nerve to control seizures. Once it was programmed (with an iPad at the hospital) it is controlled via a magnetic bracelet by waving the wrist over the device. It is located just off the collar bone, and it turns out can be triggered by the magnet on the iPad. This is a concern as he just bought an iPad 2 to help with the Boy Scouts (he is a Scoutmaster and helps train other Scoutmasters).

It's intriguing to see how many uses the the iPad can be put to.

The benefits of new technologies can be so very widespread

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Most reactions

Latest posts