George: Scared of the Dark is a really sweet side-scrolling platform game from one-man studio Wall West. The player gets to help George the Ghost confront his fears across 10 procedurally generated levels as you guide him to the lighthouse and reveal the mystery of who lives in the small cottage in order to help him regain his courage.
The game looks really cute, especially if you’re a fan of old-school platform games, but it doesn’t have an easy mode, and is very challenging to play.
“I created George: Scared of the Dark for platforming fans who were itching for a real challenge,” says Alex Petlenko, founder of Wall West. “George delivers that and more - including a narrative about facing and conquering your fears. Come for the gameplay and stay for the story ”
Here are some of the game’s key features:
- Adventure through 10 tough procedurally generated levels
- Choose from 3 power-up abilities essential for George’s survival
- Unlock 3 additional characters
- Enjoy intuitive touch and swipe controls for precise platforming
- Uncover a heartwarming story about conquering fears—along with an unusual ending!
The game costs $1.99, and while it is only available for iPhone, it can be installed on iPad in compatibility mode.
Click here to download: George: Scared Of The Dark on the App Store
Source: Wall West