What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Independence Day

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A happy Fourth of July to all our members and staff in the United States of America!
IMG_4471.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, this year Susan & I celebrated July 4 in Canada - that was our travel day from Lake Simcoe to Toronto - now in the BIG city; lots to do (and we are not as active as in the 'ole' days), so have to be selective - arriving home this coming weekend and I'll continue my travelogue then. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this year Susan & I celebrated July 4 in Canada - that was our travel day from Lake Simcoe to Toronto - now in the BIG city; lots to do (and we are not as active as in the 'ole' days), so have to be selective - arriving home this coming weekend and I'll continue my travelogue then. Dave :)
Did you go to the top of the CN Tower and stand on the glass floor?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you go to the top of the CN Tower and stand on the glass floor?

Yes! Went up the CN Tower yesterday afternoon (spectacular views but LONG wait - 2 hrs just to reach the elevators) - but some photos below that I just transferred to my iPad via Wi-Fi and a Panasonic camera app.

First, the view of the CN Tower from our 9th floor room at the Shangri-La Hotel; second, a view from Harbourfront on our outgoing boat tour; final images w/ my feet on the glass floor and the top of the aquarium well below! Dave :)
IMG_8907.JPG
IMG_8908.JPG
IMG_8905.JPG
IMG_8906.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! Went up the CN Tower yesterday afternoon (spectacular views but LONG wait - 2 hrs just to reach the elevators) - but some photos below that I just transferred to my iPad via Wi-Fi and a Panasonic camera app.

First, the view of the CN Tower from our 9th floor room at the Shangri-La Hotel; second, a view from Harbourfront on our outgoing boat tour; final images w/ my feet on the glass floor and the top of the aquarium well below! Dave :)
View attachment 78316 View attachment 78317 View attachment 78318 View attachment 78319
The last time I was in Toronto I made sure to visit the CN Tower. The Blue Jays we’re playing and I could look at the game through the open roof of the stadium. I definitely stood on the glass floor and even jumped up and down.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The last time I was in Toronto I made sure to visit the CN Tower. The Blue Jays we’re playing and I could look at the game through the open roof of the stadium. I definitely stood on the glass floor and even jumped up and down.

Well, I hope that your met the 'weight limit'? :p

Below a quote from HERE - seems that humans are in no danger.

Our last (and first) visit to Toronto was probably 20 years or so ago (mid-1990s) - we took a tour of the SkyDome (now the Rogers Centre) - the roof was closed the other day, but was a great tour and impressive structure.

P.S. Today, we are off on an 'all day' tour to Niagra Falls which will include a wine tasting (hope to sip some 'ice wine'), a boat tour (believe the renamed 'Maid of the Mist' that we've done on several other visits in the falls), and an optional helicopter ride (would be our third one, if we opt for the experience). Dave :)

In fact, it has the strength to hold 20,454kg (45,093.35 lbs) or 35 moose, although the area is not big enough to fit that many of these large animals even if were possible to get them up the elevators!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I hope that your met the 'weight limit'? :p

Below a quote from HERE - seems that humans are in no danger.

Our last (and first) visit to Toronto was probably 20 years or so ago (mid-1990s) - we took a tour of the SkyDome (now the Rogers Centre) - the roof was closed the other day, but was a great tour and impressive structure.

P.S. Today, we are off on an 'all day' tour to Niagra Falls which will include a wine tasting (hope to sip some 'ice wine'), a boat tour (believe the renamed 'Maid of the Mist' that we've done on several other visits in the falls), and an optional helicopter ride (would be our third one, if we opt for the experience). Dave :)
The glass floor is actually two layers; a relatively thin wear layer on top and the much thicker weight bearing glass on the bottom. This allows them to replace the wear layer as soon as scratches become distracting without affecting the main glass panel.

BTW, the first time I saw the CN Tower was shortly after it was built when it was still surrounded by the now removed rail yards.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts