What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incompatible Firmware

brando56894

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my girlfriend's iPhone 4 about 3+ months ago, now she got an Android phone and gave the iPhone to her sister. The problem is that she restored the phone to factory defaults (and removed Cydia) and we didn't save the SHSH blob when I originally jailbroke it because I didn't know anything about it. Now when we try to factory restore the phone it says "incompatible firmware". I've watched a few videos on how to fix this but they all say they need the SHSH file, is there anyway to get a new one or are we screwed?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the blobs should have been automatically saved (at Cydia) from the first jail break. So, you can download a computer program called Tiny Umbrella and run it to pull the SHSH blobs. Then, bid you do indeed have them, you can jail break that phone.

However, for further advice, tutorials and guidance on jail breaking an iPhone, may I suggest you visit our sister forum: www.iphoneforums.net. The site has lots of iPhone experts who can provide assistance should you need it.

Not that we don't welcome you here - but here there be iPads! :) And most of us don't speak iPhone - they do over at the iPhone forum.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
B

brando56894

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! So even though the phone has been wiped and Cydia has been removed the SHSH blobs are still accessible via Tiny Umbrella?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! So even though the phone has been wiped and Cydia has been removed the SHSH blobs are still accessible via Tiny Umbrella?

Yes, you should be fine to retrieve your saved Blobs from Cydia servers provided you used Cydia at least once. BUT, 5.1.1 is the golden firmware at the moment and just so happens to be the current firmware too, so you can get your blobs directly from Apple for the time being :)

We have a FAQ with lots of info - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq-new-improved-2012-a.html

If you are getting an incompatible firmware message you have downloaded the wrong IPSW for your device. Make sure you get the right one and it will install no problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts