What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incase Origami workstation...love it!!!

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased this..I love it. Been looking for a sleeve for my wireless keyboard. I also purchased the camera connection so i will be transferring many pics this evening 

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed!! I was looking for something just like this. I went to the apple store and got it. Cheap and durable :D 2 thumbs up

Truck Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice. I just picked up my first keyboard and need a case :ipad-case:

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this keyboard case also and love it. The Ipad sits very solidly on the stand while using the Apple keyboard. Got it at Best Buy in the Apple section.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading this thread, I just ran to Best Buy and picked one up. You guys are so right, this is perfect!!!!!

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one of these, but what happens when you want to lap desk-style typing? For Example, If I'm in bed or on the couch and want to use it, would it be sturdy enough or would it tip over?

Last edited:

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
I was thinking of getting one of these, but what happens when you want to lap desk-style typing? For Example, If I'm in bed or on the couch and want to use it, would it be sturdy enough or would it tip over?

I am typing this while sitting in a lounge chair with the keyboard and Ipad in my lap. It is quite stable though it does fold in the middle as expected. If you are a touch typist and want a full size keyboard, this is a good combination in my opinion. I looked at the Zaggmate keyboard case combo and found it too small to type on comfortably. Also, sometimes I just want to grab the Ipad and go without hauling the keyboard with me. I love this setup! I also have a small neoprene Belkin case to put the Ipad into for travel. I don't mind two small cases when I pack. The total cost of the Apple keyboard and Incase Orgagami was about $100.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As mark said there is a fold in the middle of the unit, usually what I tend to do when im on the couch is have a binder underneath the unit. imo that keeps it pretty stable and is just the right size without making it seem like you have a table on ur lap.

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a beanbag lapdesk thing that i use and it works fine while i'm on the couch. it was a little wobbly with out it.

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First I want to say thank you applenut for starting this thead. After reading it I ordered my Origami workstation from Bestbuy and it was delivered today! It has to be the very best value of $29 I have ever bought & if it was twice that amount after seeing & using it I would not hesitate. We are going on a cruise in July & this case is wonderful for typing. Iy seems very steady & firm. jim_joh

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't get the excitement? This is the best compared to what? Don't get me wrong, I'm may go this option also. The thing is I will be receiving my Malware Case soon so I don't think this will match my setup.
Do you all use the Ipad naked?

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't say that I compared it to anything else.Why should I if in my opinion it really does the job I bought it for? You can leave the Apple magnetic case on but it is very easy to remove. Also I found it to be steady with the ipad in landscape or portrait. jim_joh

Most reactions

Latest posts