What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improved Netflix app is coming to the iPad this season

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
netflix-ipad-app.jpeg

Netflix recently launched a new reinvented version of the Netflix app for Android tablets and the update will be coming to the iPad just in time for the snowy season. The update brings TV and movie lovers a new cleaner interface, designed for a better user experience, by providing a easier way to access content.

The company’s mobile products manager, Zal Bilimoria, came out to showcase the new design with a screenshot accompanied by a few technical details like the ability to discover more titles thanks to the new UI and some new tricks regarding touch-gestures.

The vast section of TV shows and movies can be now accessed easier, even if you just want to resume that episode from “How I met your mother†you fell asleep watching last night. The app will remember where the video was, when it stopped and a quick tap will resume playback. Recommended titles can be found on the home screen with the extra feature of being able to browse popular genres or search for titles to watch on the spot.

Netflix’s new enhancement to the Android tablet experience could end up being the first real threat to Apple’s iPad, since the Amazon Kindle Fire was released.

Neil Hunt, chief product officer at Netflix, said “In the last 12 months we have seen a threefold increase in how long Netflix members are watching on their tablets. The new Netflix interface offers a significant improvement in browsing and searching for TV shows and movies to instantly watch.â€

Members can gain access to the full Netflix website via Mobile Safari at Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online. From there, members can manage their account area, choose TV shows or movies to watch via the Netflix streaming app.

Source: tipb

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"even if you just want to resume that episode from “How I met your mother” you fell asleep watching last night. The app will remember where the video was, when it stopped and a quick tap will resume playback."

How does it know to stop when you fall asleep? That is one awesome app!

Alchemais

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool lol I've been wanting a new Netflix interface xD glad to hear it's coming lol

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDan said:
Netflix recently launched a new reinvented version of the Netflix app for Android tablets and the update will be coming to the iPad just in time for the snowy season. The update brings TV and movie lovers a new cleaner interface, designed for a better user experience, by providing a easier way to access content.

The companyÂ’s mobile products manager, Zal Bilimoria, came out to showcase the new design with a screenshot accompanied by a few technical details like the ability to discover more titles thanks to the new UI and some new tricks regarding touch-gestures.

The vast section of TV shows and movies can be now accessed easier, even if you just want to resume that episode from “How I met your mother” you fell asleep watching last night. The app will remember where the video was, when it stopped and a quick tap will resume playback. Recommended titles can be found on the home screen with the extra feature of being able to browse popular genres or search for titles to watch on the spot.

NetflixÂ’s new enhancement to the Android tablet experience could end up being the first real threat to AppleÂ’s iPad, since the Amazon Kindle Fire was released.

Neil Hunt, chief product officer at Netflix, said “In the last 12 months we have seen a threefold increase in how long Netflix members are watching on their tablets. The new Netflix interface offers a significant improvement in browsing and searching for TV shows and movies to instantly watch.”

Members can gain access to the full Netflix website via Mobile Safari at Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online. From there, members can manage their account area, choose TV shows or movies to watch via the Netflix streaming app.

Source: tipb

The current app works pretty well though I don't use it often. There is something amazing in having the ability to watch a movie in a handheld device. It would be great if the speaker was louder on the iPad, but...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts