What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie and Garage Band are up on the app store

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently iMovie is indeed only compatible with iPad 2. It isn't available on the app store when I'm on my iPad 1, but Garage Band is available and I'm downloading now (VERY slow download, servers must be overloaded).

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Garage Band is incredible. I have a pro DAW studio full of midi gear and dozens of high-end sample libraries, but this app is just a blast. It's so easy to pick it up and sketch out some very good sounding song ideas. You can even sing a scratch vocal on the fly.

The only issue may be the original iPad's processor and ram. After about 4 or 5 tracks of instruments playing things start to get a bit choppy and buggy. I think Garage Band will perform the way it was meant to on the iPad 2, but it's still worthwhile on the original.

Great achievement in moving the bar on iPad music apps!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - GarageBand is available in the UK App store too - ***we're no longer second class citizens***

Tim

Reaction score
Not to sure what to think of GarageBand.

So far it is the only app, which does not support AirPlay.

Nvm. the app developers have probably turned that off due to the 2sec lag when streaming sounds.

Supposedly GarageBand isn't a toy, but so far I can't seem to make out any real use, apart from using the Smart Instruments and then touching random parts.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts