What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie and Dropbox

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody know if iMovie is compatible with Dropbox? Can I grab video files from my Dropbox account, edit in iMovie, and send back to Dropbox?

Thanks in advance!

--Tom--

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way that I can think of to use iMovie directly with Dropbox.

It might be possible to get a movie clip from DropBox using the DropBox app, or some other app like GoodReader. Then you might be able to save it to the Photos app. At that point, if the format is compatible with iMovie you could access and use the clip.

The only way to send the Movie back to DropBox would be to use some sort of email interface/service. They do work. However the size of movie files often defeat any attempt to email them.

These difficulties are probably why no one has admitted to using DropBox with iMovie, or given you any suggestions. It's just not a good solution at this time.

Sorry.

OP
T

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the resonse! I suspected that was the case, and you've confirmed it.

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took some video at Van Halen concert using my iPhone tried to get them onto iPad using dropbox, but it had a 5MB limit, so I wasn't able to send a whole song.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So there is no way to get my own mp4 clips into the iPad's iMovie to combine them into a single video?

To get your own mp3 files into iMovie you need to first import them to iTunes on the computer, then sync them to the iPad. You will then be able to import them into iMovie by the usual means.

If there is another way, I'm not familiar with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts