What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm not really sure how iMessage was activated, but I have it turned off. And notification is also turned off yet my ISP, ( att) can override my settings and put a pop up on screen saying they sent me a text msg. This isn't a big problem but rather a small annoyance. Can you delete iMessage yet, or do I just live with it? Or if I can't delete it like you can an iCloud acc, maybe I'll start using it, it seems like a good feature.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iMessage only works between Apple devices such as iPads, iPods, iPhones, and Macs. Are you sure AT&T is not sending you standard text messages?

OP

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iMessage is a gray area for me because I've never had any interest in it.
They could be standard text msg, but where would I find them on an iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally older iPads could not send or receive standard text messages as that required a cellular data connection and phone number. With the introduction of iOS 9, where you could pair with your iPhone and send and receive text messages by relaying them through the iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts