What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

imessage & facetime Help

Technikaliti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad works tops, theres nothing wrong with it etc. ios 5 everything perfect. the problem is on my cousins ipad, the second he got his i made him upgrade to ios5 etc, DONE!

now he cant connect to imessage and facetime at all. keeps getting "network error." safari, opera, mail, facebook etc etc works like a charm.

what im confused at is when i went there yesterday, my ipad connected to his wifi, everything on my ipad was working, back at my place, same result. I than carried his ipad to my place, imessage and facetime on his WORKING!!!

went back tonight (lol) those 2 apps not working for him...

HELP

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have him turn off his wi-fi router for about 2 minutes. While it is off, go into Settings > General > Reset, and Reset Network Settings. After the router is back up, sing back into the network and check things out.

Routers can automatically block devices and services for mysterious reasons not easily discovered by mortals. Reseting them and forcing the iPad to connect again as new often fixes this.

If he owns his wi-fi router he should also check the manufacturer's page to make sure his firmware is up to date.

leypat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can download apps but when I try to connect to the itunes store to update apps it says it cannot connect to the iTunes store. What is the cause of thi and howcan it beresolved? Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts