What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessage and facetime issues

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help setting up imessage and facetime on my wife's ipad. Her ipad is using my apple id so we can share the photo stream. However, i am unable to setup her imessage and facetime using her email address. The message says on the iMessage Activation "Unable to verify email because it is already in use". What does it mean? Thank you.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
zurctra said:
I need help setting up imessage and facetime on my wife's ipad. Her ipad is using my apple id so we can share the photo stream. However, i am unable to setup her imessage and facetime using her email address. The message says on the iMessage Activation "Unable to verify email because it is already in use". What does it mean? Thank you.

Does your wife have an iPhone with the same email address, using another AppleID?
That would really be the only idea I am coming up with...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have one AppleID I share with two pads and both my grandsons iPod touch's.

They all share my single AppleID for purchases, iCloud and everything else.

All I did was authorize another email address for each, and then use that in iMessage. This lets me contact each separately and by their own email address, this also works for FaceTime.

You can authorize the new email address inside the FaceTime/iMessage app on that device. The only issue is you have to have access to that email account to answer the authorization email, but that only took a couple of seconds.

They don't need their own AppleID's

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one AppleID I share with two phones and both my grandsons iPod touch's.

They all share my single AppleID for purchases, iCloud and everything else.

All I did was authorize another email address for each, and then use that in iMessage. This lets me contact each separately and by their own email address, this also works for FaceTime.

You can authorize the new email address inside the FaceTime/iMessage app on that device. The only issue is you have to have access to that email account to answer the authorization email, but that only took a couple of seconds.

They don't need their own AppleID's

I've done the same and makes a world of difference and easier to handle that way. A lot of people do not realize this, so thanks for posting this Followthesapper.

OP
Z

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Does your wife have an iPhone with the same email address, using another AppleID?
That would really be the only idea I am coming up with...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

No. My wife does not have an iphone but i do. I was successful in facetime but still getting same error message in imessage. "unable to verify email because is already used". In checked for ny incoming email to authorize it but the inbox was empty.

Most reactions

Latest posts