What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Images do not load on some sites such as Pinterest??

wiseone123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I received my ipad 3 I have been having this really annoying issue that I cannot figure out.

Sites such as Pinterest (app based), and Foodgawker (also app based) will not load the images! All i get are empty white boxes all the time.

I am on wireless here (rural)

There is no problem loading images in Safari, etc. It just seems to be these image based sites. I've tried in Safari to go directly to those sites, and it's the same thing...no images show

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
W

wiseone123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
added note...
I am trying to load pinterest.com and foodgawker.com and even flickr!! in Safari and the site doesn't even load..but, I can load these sites perfectly fine on my pc. :( this is the strangest thing. Would def love some advise on this anomaly.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just looked at both of these sites in safari and all the pictures showed up on my iPad 3. I don't know what's causing your problem but it's not a general problem common to all iPads.

OP
W

wiseone123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you on wireless? I haven't been able to even get those sites to load in Safari let alone their native apps. It's driving me crazy as to why this is happening. The native apps will load, but the image boxes are always all white.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm on wifi and the sites came up quickly with no problems at all. Do you have a broadband connection? You may have to wait until someone with the necessary expertise comes forward with an explanation.

OP
W

wiseone123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is broadband..yes
we get our internet wireless from a tower that provides an approx 3mb dl connection. I can load other sites that have images on them..but these image sites like pinterest, flickr, foodgawker type image sites don't load at all in Safari, and in their native APPS the site will load but none of the images.

I am heading to bed, but I'll check back on this tomorrow..hopefully someone can help me out on this one, I've been surfing all night trying to find a remedy with no luck. :(

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't had this problem, but have you checked your settings? Something in Safari or restrictions might be wrong - or other settings. Also sometimes photos just take a long tome to load but the frame comes up first.

OP
W

wiseone123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had checked wherever I could in Safari, and saw nothing to do with image loading, is there somewhere else that I might have missed? It isn't an overall problem on all sites because other sites load the images fine. I am finding it's only on these sites I've listed above. The sites listed above don't load at all in Safari, and they do on my pc...and the apps of these sites load, but none of the images load.

Most reactions

Latest posts