What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan.. - thought that I may have forgotten my previously skills but came back immediately - at the moment, cannot remember even if I've posted some of my previous projects (probably so), but will check this thread - thanks again - Dave :)

P.S. to celebrate my return to woodworking, I replaced a couple of older tools (donated to our local Habitat for Humanity), i.e. a new Makita biscuit joiner & a Festool Li-Ion drill w/ multiple exchangeable chuck options - nothing like some new toys to get one interested - ;)
View attachment 69785 View attachment 69786
I don't know if you collect antique woodworking tools but I have an old Stanley No 45 router plane with blades and attachments. I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if you collect antique woodworking tools but I have an old Stanley No 45 router plane with blades and attachments. I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow.
Here's a photo of it which I found on the Internet. It's quite the setup.
image.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Please - looking forward to seeing your plane pics - I've been watching Roy Underhill in the Woodwright's Shop for years on our local PBS station (not sure what the distribution may be?) - BUT, Roy uses no electricity for his tools and all of his planes are traditional, including the moulding ones - he often has trips to usually local areas where traditional woodworkers are still using the older metal and/or wooden planes.

For myself, I have several older planes (including a Stanley block) and about a half dozen newer ones made by Veritas, i.e. Lee Valley, out of Canada (you may already know the company?) - these are wonderfully made and not cheap. There are plenty of people making these older woodworking hand tools w/ traditional and also innovative techniques - great to see the tradition carried on by these modern producers. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 12.54.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 12.56.32 AM.png

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well after two years, I've gotten back into my woodworking hobby (had a left thumb cyst removed and the nerve took nearly a year to heal) - so have completed several projects, the main one was to build two additional name badge wall holders for our local Unitarian Fellowship - made of oak and contains 8 tiers each of about 16" horizontal holders - finished w/ spray shellac as a sealer coat followed by spray lacquer. Added top semi-lunar adornments @ the top (glued up walnut & oak) to distract from the rectangular appearance - will be taking the project in tomorrow - below added pics of my original larger single name badge holder - SO, should look kind of like a triptych (from my art history days as an undergrad, I guess) - Dave :)
View attachment 69781 View attachment 69782 View attachment 69783 View attachment 69784
Very impressive woodworking Dave! Real quality work there:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here's a photo of it which I found on the Internet. It's quite the setup.
View attachment 69787

Yep - those fancy complicated older moulding and rabbeting/dado planes were quite fancy and amazingly effective and accurate - Roy Underhill has had whole shows on these tools and in my local travels to some of those houses in my travelogues, these tools are often on display and demonstrators show how each were used - just two of my Veritas planes below - the shoulder plane is often used in my workshop to clean up rabbets & dados - the dado plane can use numerous exchangeable blades - need to use the latter more. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 1.13.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 1.13.58 AM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The cloud pictures are very good. Thanks for posting them.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please - looking forward to seeing your plane pics - I've been watching Roy Underhill in the Woodwright's Shop for years on our local PBS station (not sure what the distribution may be?) - BUT, Roy uses no electricity for his tools and all of his planes are traditional, including the moulding ones - he often has trips to usually local areas where traditional woodworkers are still using the older metal and/or wooden planes.

For myself, I have several older planes (including a Stanley block) and about a half dozen newer ones made by Veritas, i.e. Lee Valley, out of Canada (you may already know the company?) - these are wonderfully made and not cheap. There are plenty of people making these older woodworking hand tools w/ traditional and also innovative techniques - great to see the tradition carried on by these modern producers. Dave :)
View attachment 69788 View attachment 69789
Dave,
Here are the pictures of my Stanley No 45.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts