What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ansel Adams (1902-1984) - any fans of this famous American photographer?

A new Ansel Adams exhibit has arrived at Reynolda House, one of our local American Art museums - 40 of Adams photographs were hung for review, including one of my favorites, Moonrise over Hernandez, New Mexico, 1941 - below some pics - all of the photos shown were present - also, for those interested in Adams, I own an outstanding documentary DVD (last image) - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.10.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.09.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.08.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.05.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.06.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.06.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.07.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 6.15.11 PM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ansel Adams (1902-1984) - any fans of this famous American photographer?

A new Ansel Adams exhibit has arrived at Reynolda House, one of our local American Art museums - 40 of Adams photographs were hung for review, including one of my favorites, Moonrise over Hernandez, New Mexico, 1941 - below some pics - all of the photos shown were present - also, for those interested in Adams, I own an outstanding documentary DVD (last image) - Dave :)
View attachment 70589 View attachment 70590 View attachment 70591 View attachment 70592 View attachment 70593 View attachment 70594 View attachment 70595 View attachment 70596
Thanks for the wonderful mini retrospective of Ansel Adams's work.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the wonderful mini retrospective of Ansel Adams's work.

Thanks Scifan.. - for those who may be interested in obtaining Ansel Adams photographs, check HERE - there is a wide range of pricing & size (and framing, if desired) - see the first pic below; on the left side are the 'offerings' from 'Original Signed Prints', such as the first one shown in the second pic (left) - too much for me!

But, an intermediate option are the 'Yosemite Special Edition Photographs' (we already own two of Half Dome) - these are 8" x 10" and of course larger w/ matting & framing; I put the 'Jeffrey Pine' photo (see second image again) in my cart - attached a PDF file of how those prints from original negatives are made. Finally, there are much less expensive prints that can be ordered - SO, plenty of choices and prices. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.19.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.21.51 PM.png

Attachments

• AnselAdamsSpecialEdition.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 171

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave. Fantastic photographs by a very talented photographer. The compositions are just perfect. He ended up reducing the interpretation of black and white tones to almost a science.
It seems to me that his black and white work would just not have had the same impact if it was in colour.
And to think it was done by lugging around a camera many times larger than our DSLRs and iPhones.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Popped up on my FB page - pic below from a marina in Sag Harbor, Long Island - second pic a map of the location where this beautiful photo was taken - Sag Harbor is near Montauk, LI (one of my travelogues) - the arrow shows our usual trip to the North Fork w/ all of the wineries that I've talked about - there are so many gorgeous places on the eastern end of that island where the forks form - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 12.42.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 12.42.18 AM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sunrise on the Indian River (actually a lagoon). Gotta go, busy month for bands.

Hey Bob - that is a gorgeous pic - congrats!

Question? Susan & I are leaving in the morning for St. Pete's Beach (Don CeSar - our 4th or 5th visit over 40 years) - thinking of day trips (want to repeat one to Tarpon Springs) - possibly Bradenton or Myakka River State Park - you may have posted pics from there (roseate spoonbills?) - a little further south on I-75 - let me know, thanks. Dave :)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I can't take credit for the sunrise or the clouds ;) and I don't often get up that early either.

Myakka has a good rep, I haven't been there in many years, I tend to go to Corkscrew and the Everglades Ft Myers and south.

Lately with the price of gas up, it's mostly Viera, Merritt Island and an occasional Everglades near Florida City. We skipped Everglades this year - too much rain.

This is the season for birds. It's wetter than usual, so that makes the sightings fewer than usual though. But I don't think you'll go home with an empty handed camera.

In Florida, the dry season is supposed to be from December through early May, but El Nino interfered. When the Everglades mostly dry up and go from a 2" deep 50 mile wide river to a prairie with a few deeper areas where there is still water (sloughs - pronounced slews), the fish and therefore the rest of the wildlife gets concentrated. That's the best.

We have the day off today. Not too many gigs right after St Patty's day but tomorrow we go back so I'll probably be absent here for a while again.

We make 3/4 our annual income when the tourists and winter residents are here October - April with December, February and March being the 3 busiest months.

When the fishing is good - fish hard!!! That goes for the wildlife and a metaphor for gigging.

Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts