What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great blue herons are returning to their rookery in Wausau WI
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I went to a traveling Smithsonian exhibit which is at our local Renoyda House - a little bio below (Source) - the paintings shown were both portraits of American Plains Indians that he visited and painted (and wrote about) in many trips in the 1830s, and many dramatic scenes of buffaloes (i.e. bison) - below just 4 paintings from many that we saw - leaves us in early May - if the exhibit comes to your area, then worth a visit - Dave :)

George Catlin (July 26, 1796 – December 23, 1872) was an American painter, author and traveler who specialized in portraits of Native Americans in the Old West. By travelling to the American West five times during the 1830s, Catlin is the first person to visually record Plains Indians in their native territory.
45696.jpg
45721.jpg
Buffalo_surround_by_George_Catlin.jpg
Catlin_dangerous_sport.jpg

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rookery park is bird busy today. In addition to the great bue herons, over 100 tundra swans plus a few eagles, buffleheads, Canada geese, mallards and others are flying through or finding a place to nest.View attachment 63718View attachment 63719View attachment 63720
Enjoying those bird photos Czevski. Made me think we also have some buffleheads in Australia....one cut me off when changing lanes yesterday, nearly causing an accident if I hadn't braked hard:D
Andrew

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I was just looking at the recent posts in Johanna's London Trip, and she put up a pic of a white horse on a hill that reminded me of a famous carving in a mountain in northern Georgia (i.e. USA) near Atlanta.

In Stone Mountain Park near Atlanta is a stone sculpture (description below from the linked website) w/ some horses on a mountain side dedicated to the Confederate honorees quoted below - 3 pics chosen zooming in on the impressive work - note that the entire carved surface is larger that two American football fields (which are 100 yards long) - Dave :)

The largest bas relief sculpture in the world, the Confederate Memorial Carving depicts three Confederate leaders of the Civil War, President Jefferson Davis and Generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson (and their favorite horses, "Blackjack", "Traveller", and "Little Sorrel", respectively). The entire carved surface measures 3 acres (12,000 m2), about the size of two and a quarter football fields. The carving of the three men towers 400 feet (120 m) above the ground, measures 90 by 190 feet (58 m), and is recessed 42 feet (13 m) into the mountain. The deepest point of the carving is at Lee's elbow, which is 12 feet (3.7 m) to the mountain's surface.

stone mountain georgia.jpg
StoneMountain.jpg
Stone_Mountain_Carving_2.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts