What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm sure there's an app for this...

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But how can I find it????

I'm fairly new to the world of IPAD and having trouble navigating all the apps available. I'm sure there's an app for what I need to do but having trouble finding it...When I'm reading a magazine (thru Zinio)or web page, is there a way I can save a page as a .PDF file so I can reference back to it later? or cut and paste a quote to forward in an email? I already have Goodreader, NoteTaker HD, Pages, Smart Notes...but I don't think any of these can do what I need.

Thanks for any advice..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But how can I find it????

I'm fairly new to the world of IPAD and having trouble navigating all the apps available. I'm sure there's an app for what I need to do but having trouble finding it...When I'm reading a magazine (thru Zinio)or web page, is there a way I can save a page as a .PDF file so I can reference back to it later? or cut and paste a quote to forward in an email? I already have Goodreader, NoteTaker HD, Pages, Smart Notes...but I don't think any of these can do what I need.

Thanks for any advice..

One possible way is to take a screen shot. Use the zoom feature of the iPad to put the quote or web page you want on the screen and then press the Home and Power buttons together briefly. The iPad will make a 'camera shutter' sound and the screen shot will be saved to the Photos app on the iPad, from where you can email it.

It may not be quite what you're looking for (because the photo can't have the text extracted, for example) but it's quick, simple and free....and free is always good....

Tim

OP
S

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim...but I want something a bit more. I love the screen capture feature and use it frequently.

I remember reading about an app that would turn webpages, docs, and whatever into .pdf but of course back then I didn't understand the .pdf concept so didn't pay much attention. I'm hoping some seasoned IPad users will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks..

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welllll with goodreader, you can save the .html webpage for offline viewing later...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim...but I want something a bit more. I love the screen capture feature and use it frequently.

I remember reading about an app that would turn webpages, docs, and whatever into .pdf but of course back then I didn't understand the .pdf concept so didn't pay much attention. I'm hoping some seasoned IPad users will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks..

There's also a technique - a Java 'bookmarklet' that will turn a web page in the iPad's Safari into a PDF - I use it a lot... paste it into your Bookmarks in Safari and then, when you're at a page you want to convert to PDF, simply select this bookmarklet...

'javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)'

Tim

how do I turn those smilies off.....'javascript' then ':' then 'pdf_url'....

and no space in the 'http'

Last edited:

Most reactions