What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm sorry but i don't understand syncing - my new ipad 2 to my mac

tonypinkham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad 2 and have set up. Downloaded lots of apps today have come to plug into my mac tonight to put onto my ipad some music from my itunes. It automatically sets about syncing all my apps (which i presume will get rid of some and add ones from my iphone that i don't want on ipad?). I tried to stop this process and its telling me if i change settings I will lose all my apps and info (53 of them).

I'm prob missing something fundamental but how do i back up my apps to my mac without losing them from the ipad - i need to plug into the mac to put music on form my collection? Please help.

jimgreen83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always do "Transfer purchases" before I sync my iPad or iPhone, it is under File in the bar at the top, this gets all the stuff you have bought into iTunes.

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tonypinkham said:
New ipad 2 and have set up. Downloaded lots of apps today have come to plug into my mac tonight to put onto my ipad some music from my itunes. It automatically sets about syncing all my apps (which i presume will get rid of some and add ones from my iphone that i don't want on ipad?). I tried to stop this process and its telling me if i change settings I will lose all my apps and info (53 of them).

I'm prob missing something fundamental but how do i back up my apps to my mac without losing them from the ipad - i need to plug into the mac to put music on form my collection? Please help.

They will not be lost. If worse comes to worse your Apple account will have all the apps you have downloaded and purchased. When I say your Apple account I mean your Apple ID.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts