What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile - The ultimate filesystem manager

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this question a few pages back, but no response... Aside from the search feature, are there any differences between the free and paid version? I am tying to use the free version and can't locate directory I need...

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
nickcuban said:
I saw this question a few pages back, but no response... Aside from the search feature, are there any differences between the free and paid version? I am tying to use the free version and can't locate directory I need...

The paid version has titles to more files vs. the file showing up in letters and numbers. :)!

realshinjae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi. I am using iOS 4.3.3 for iPad1.
Is this the one that I can use to make the multigesture move? (Like the one in iOS 5)

zompi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFile is pretty cool, but I wonder if I can get access to files via USB cable, but without any extra applications. The PWNTunes works in this way but it doesn't give me a full access to all files. It would be nice to do something like that, because sometimes I'm a guest at a friend and he doesn't have any file browser for iPad. Transferring files like in normal USB drive would be nice. Is there any tweak on iPad3 that can give my PC access to the iPad file system through USB?

Edit:
I've just found the "PC Networking" app. This is just what I needed, but if I could get this kind of access via USB it would be masterpiece.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at the (free) program for PC and Mac call "iFunBox" - its the best I've found to allow full access to the iPad. The best part is that it IS used via USB connection, so it's smoking fast.

I hardly ever use WiFi any longer to play around in the iPad's system. IFunBox is my go-to choice now.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

zompi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. The main problem is, that I need a solution that do not require an application that I have to intall on every computer that I met. On my computer, no problem, I can install that, but when I meet my friend and I will need to put some music, videos or images from his computer to my iPad, I do not want to push him to install additional software that he do not need.

Btw. PwnTunes was looking promissing, but it was slowing down native music player.

gadefer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I've read almost every page, but I still have a doubt:
Can I make a shortcut for some folder to access it easly?
I've put a lot of slides and .doc archives into one folder, which are my collage classes. Can I access it fast and browse through the folders? Or i need to open iFile - > Media -> General_storage ?

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, TBH - I don't quite "get" links (I'm a very light user of iFile). Hopefully, someone else can tell you how to make a link.

My suggestion is, could you not make a bookmark for the folder(s) you wish to access quickly? You can title them how you wish and I find it's very quick to just jump to a place I've bookmarked.

But, that's my method. Again - hopefully someone will be along to explain links...

Marilyn

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's really easy.

Navigate to the folder that you want to bookmark then click on the + on the tab on the left, see below

Attachments

• image-3251479512.jpg
    image-3251479512.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 288

gadefer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's really easy.

Navigate to the folder that you want to bookmark then click on the + on the tab on the left, see below

Thanks you two for the help. That was great! I was trying to put a shortcut to the "main screen of the ipad", together with the other apps, but that bookmark already helps!

gadefer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's me again... lol

If I download a pdf reader, let's say "PDF Reader Pro - for iPad", Will I be able to open pdf files at iFile with this PDF reader? Or I will keep with the stock one?

Most reactions

Latest posts