What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iDisk downloads

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not positive, but you prolly have to put it on the hard drive then import it to itunes

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can do pictures. Get the iDisk app, if you don't already have it. Navigate to the picture you want. Tap and hold on the picture itself and you will get a Save Image option.

It ends up in the Saved Images album in the Photos app.

I haven't found a way to do movies. I'm experimenting with Dropbox right now to see if I can make that work. I'll let you know if it does.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
twerppoet said:
You can do pictures. Get the iDisk app, if you don't already have it. Navigate to the picture you want. Tap and hold on the picture itself and you will get a Save Image option.

It ends up in the Saved Images album in the Photos app.

I haven't found a way to do movies. I'm experimenting with Dropbox right now to see if I can make that work. I'll let you know if it does.

GoodReader can connect to your iDisk and it can play movies, so that should be an option. I've never tried it, though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader can connect to your iDisk and it can play movies, so that should be an option. I've never tried it, though.

Thanks for the heads up, Johan.

Both iDisk and DropBox will open and play movies, however neither will allow you to use OpenWith so that you can get them into your Video library.

I'm downloading a movie in GoodReader right now to see if it will let me transfer the movie as well as play it.

Update: No, you can't OpenWith to the Video app. There is an OpenWith option, but apparently Apple has not updated the Video app to register itself. Good reader is still a better option than iDisk or DropBox by themselves. It downloads the file and saves it, so you can watch it without an internet connection later.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts