What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud

Bridger123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone,:)

I am new here having just purchased an ipad.

My initial problem is that when I try to download the icloudd app to my ipad, I get the message that it is incompatible with Safari (the only search engine on the ipad)

Can some kind soul help, please?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What icloud app?

First off there isn't one, all icloud features are baked into the iOS on the ipad, and secondly even if there is an app you download it via the app store not safari.

Better question would be what are you wanting to do with icloud, then we can tell you what to do.

OP
B

Bridger123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What icloud app?

First off there isn't one, all icloud features are baked into the iOS on the ipad, and secondly even if there is an app you download it via the app store not safari.

Better question would be what are you wanting to do with icloud, then we can tell you what to do.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Def.

I want to be able to upload documents I type on ipad to a safe central interbet site so that they will be available to view and use on my laptop. (And vice versa)

Grace

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud will do this for you if you use the Pages app created by apple pages will auto upload documents to iCloud and if you need to access them from somewhere else, such as a laptop you can log into the iCloud website to access them www.icloud.com (it's worth noting you can't access this directly from your iPad, only from a non iOS device). If you don't want to use iCloud or prefer a different word processor on the iPad most of them have DropBox functionality which is similar to iCloud.

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

Most reactions