What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud on Safari on iPad

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Please excuse me being a little dumb:
I have bookmarked iCloud in Safari, and when I try to access it through safari on my iPad 2 all I get is a page with setting up links..I can't seem to get past this into my iCloud account area.
Everything is all set up in iCloud on the iPad .
Any ideas?!
Many thanks!!!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Please excuse me being a little dumb:
I have bookmarked iCloud in Safari, and when I try to access it through safari on my iPad 2 all I get is a page with setting up links..I can't seem to get past this into my iCloud account area.
Everything is all set up in iCloud on the iPad .
Any ideas?!
Many thanks!!!
Unlike a computer, https://www.icloud.com isn't accessible from any iPad browser AFAIK and that's almost certainly by design. If you have iCloud set up properly, everything you do on the iPad is already syncing (mail, contacts, Pages, Photo Stream, etc.).

You can also make any adjustments to your iCloud settings on the iPad. Settings > iCloud...

So there doesn't seem to be a need to access iCloud via Safari (or any web browser) from the iPad.

Others may figure out a work-around, but I'm not sure what it would accomplish.

I can see the need on a computer...particularly if you don't have yours with you and you want to access your mail or contacts...but it seems redundant to do it on the iPad.

Was there a reason you needed to have access with Safari?

OP
F

fmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Rich. I uploaded a Numbers file to iWork.com,on my computer, after i had uploaded it to iCloud. I then deletd it from iWork.com on my MacBook and found it had disappeared from my iPad and iPhone, so wanted to check if the file I uploaded to iCloud was still there. I am still just playing around and learning a bit with iCloud etc and loving it, but now understand not being able to access iCloud through a web browser on an iOS decie: just hadn't thought that through enough.
Thanks for the help.
Fmj.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Rich. I uploaded a Numbers file to iWork.com,on my computer, after i had uploaded it to iCloud. I then deletd it from iWork.com on my MacBook and found it had disappeared from my iPad and iPhone, so wanted to check if the file I uploaded to iCloud was still there. I am still just playing around and learning a bit with iCloud etc and loving it, but now understand not being able to access iCloud through a web browser on an iOS decie: just hadn't thought that through enough.
Thanks for the help.
Fmj.
Got it. To me the name "iCloud" is a little misleading and/or confusing as most folks think "cloud = file storage". Although that's partially true with iCloud's backup and 30 day photo features it's not the common description of "cloud storage". iCloud is more of a syncing service than true "cloud" file storage service like Dropbox. It primarily ensures that whatever you have on one device/computer is available on the others associated with the account plus keeps a backup of the most recent files on you iDevices. More here:

iCloud: Backup and restore overview

Hope that helps and enjoy!

Tjwilson35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just reading your comments could you please explain what you meant by the 30 day photo thing
Be safe
Enjoy life
Regards Tim

lmyers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get my iPhone 4s to sync with ipad2 and I did every step. I also do not have AirPlay mirror for tv. When I go to store it will not let me turn on music apps or books. I do have iCloud enabled but my music and books are not on both devices. Help!

Jimst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Share feature

Problem comes when you want to use the share calendar or reminder list with others and you need the Safari browser to do it because it doesn't show up on reminder app or config settings in iPad. So it's the design is flawed and there is a reason.

kchooligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlike a computer, icloud.com isn't accessible from any iPad browser AFAIK and that's almost certainly by design. If you have iCloud set up properly, everything you do on the iPad is already syncing (mail, contacts, Pages, Photo Stream, etc.).

You can also make any adjustments to your iCloud settings on the iPad. Settings > iCloud...

So there doesn't seem to be a need to access iCloud via Safari (or any web browser) from the iPad.

I can see the need on a computer...particularly if you don't have yours with you and you want to access your mail or contacts...but it seems redundant to do it on the iPad.

Hi, I DO have reason to access it with Safari; I use an app (printer pro) since my network printer can't be configured into apples air print whatev, and to print my Pages docs I need access to them via safari, so I can put a "p" infront of their internet address (this sends the pages doc to printer pro). What can I do about this?

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also use printer pro and when I Need to print a "pages" doc I send it via email as a PDF. Then the PDF can "open in" to printer pro.

hoosadam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue is that not all preferences are accessible via iOS devices. For instance, I want to disable email notifications for events on a shared calendar. This cannot be done via any preference panel on iOS. Additionally, doing this on a Mac (with iCal) isn't always viable (behind a corp. firewall that blocks iCloud access). That, and I'm not even sure the preference is available in OS X iCal. There are certainly some things that are only manageable via the web interface. Not being able to get to that from an iOS device is far from ideal.

Reaction score
Agreed.

When I am behind my university firewall my iCloud emails do not get pushed through. This is something the university will not change but when I used hotmail as my main account I could still log on via safari in desperate times such as these.

When I buy the new iPad in a few months time it will not be wifi only!

Norwood526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICloud alias e-mail address

I have alias e-mails in iCloud that I turn on & off from usage. So need to get into mail preferences in iCloud to make this change when I want to use the e-mail address. I travel only with my iPad so have no computer to make this
adjustment. So how do I do it?

Mathiesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I share my iPad with my wife, we both use iCloud - how to fix this?

Most reactions

Latest posts