What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud question

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Posted earlier but my question did not get answered. I have an iPad 1. And a iPhone 3G, if I update my iPad to ios5 will my address and calendar stay in sync, if the iPad in IOS5 and the iPhone is 4.3.2??????

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Posted earlier but my question did not get answered. I have an iPad 1. And a iPhone 3G, if I update my iPad to ios5 will my address and calendar stay in sync, if the iPad in IOS5 and the iPhone is 4.3.2??????

Mine does but I have an iPad2 and a iPhone 3G. I don't use iCloud to sync though I just used plain old cable and iTunes.

OP
Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I am using MobileMe to stay in sync, so when I make a change to my contacts or calendar it automatically changes on either my iPhone or iPad. I just wonder if ios5 will work the same, if it installed on only the iPad?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would imagine that they will stay in sync, as long as you still use your MobileMe account, probably not if you use your new cloud account. Rumors suggest that MobileMe may be fazed out eventually, best to do as much research as possible before updating to iOS 5 to make sure you really need it now (may be a mute point in a few months anyway if it becomes "iCloud or nothing".)

P.s. Not all of iPad 1 users are really loving iOS 5 (which seems more targeted to iPad 2) so really check it out.

Last edited:

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would imagine that they will stay in sync, as long as you still use your MobileMe account, probably not if you use your new cloud account. Rumors suggest that MobileMe may be fazed out eventually, best to do as much research as possible before updating to iOS 5 to make sure you really need it now (may be a mute point in a few months anyway if it becomes "iCloud or nothing".)

P.s. Not all of iPad 1 users are really loving iOS 5 (which seems more targeted to iPad 2) so really check it out.

This seems to be more than a rumor. What I've seen at various Apple support related sites state that MobileMe support ends on June 30, 2012.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This seems to be more than a rumor. What I've seen at various Apple support related sites state that MobileMe support ends on June 30, 2012.

Yes, I received an email saying that awhile ago, I think when they announced the cloud/iOS 5.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I found this forum about iCloud. I used iCloud and now I have two contacts in my iPad2 and iPhone4... any suggestions how to delete one from each of my devices? I started to delete but I used an app that was not on the iPad but on the iPhone for my contacts. So now I have the non apple app contacts on the iPad and apple contact app on my iPhone, two of everything. I am totally lost!! If I reset my iphone and ipad will I delete everything, my games, other apps etc.? Any help would be appreciated.

OP
Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Jeeper for the reply, think I will keep running my IPad on 4.3.5 everything is working as is suppose to so why create problems. Yes I got email about the MobleMe ending in June so I have a while to do the research on the cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts