What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud mail

Wayne Bruton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am not sure if this has been covered. I am new to these forums and new to iPad, I have only had it a week. I successfully setup my exchange email but cannot seem to get iCloud mail to work in the mail app.

For the life of me I cannot seem to get it to work in the mail app. Thanks all. Wayne

T

Please any advice would be great.

Thanks

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
In what way does it not work. It should be fairly simple to setup, presumably you have a icloud account? Goto Settings -icloud and make sure mail is set to on.

OP
Wayne Bruton

Wayne Bruton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
In what way does it not work. It should be fairly simple to setup, presumably you have a icloud account? Goto Settings -icloud and make sure mail is set to on.

I have done all that. It always tells me it cannot connect to the server. Not sure what alternate mail servers to use as backup.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done all that. It always tells me it cannot connect to the server. Not sure what alternate mail servers to use as backup.

G'day Wayne. In the first instance try this: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If that does not work, come back as other solutions may be available.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Wayne Bruton

Wayne Bruton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
G'day Wayne. In the first instance try this: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If that does not work, come back as other solutions may be available.
Regards, Andrewddc28

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that. I tried as you suggested but to no avail. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Wayne

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wayne,

iCloud mail involves putting your apple ID/password in 'settings/iCloud, nothing more. How are you connecting? Are you on a business network? Maybe behind a firewall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that. I tried as you suggested but to no avail. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Wayne

A couple of more suggestions, Wayne. Try these two steps:
1) Settings>iCloud>Mail and make sure the slider is set to "On"
2) And in the same screen check that the Mail server Account details are correct.
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts