What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud and bandwidth?

donkles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased and downloaded an awesome television series off iTunes "it's always sunny in Philadelphia". Great! Anyways, I downloaded it to my laptop, now I live in a remote part of northern Canada and they claim that it costs money to give us very little Internet usage up here which translates to that I only have 20 gb of Internet usage per month. My question , which I have not been able to find a straight answer to off the interweb is.....once I have the series downloaded to my laptop and say for instance it used 1 gb of data, when I use iCloud to transfer the episodes to my iPad, will I then use another 1gb of data of my limited 20gb per month plan? Or is it a direct link from my laptop to iPad as if it were a Bluetooth connection? Does anyone even know the answer to this? So far it seems as though there is little explanation to this!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
iCloud is apples servers, downloading anything from iCloud is going to be downloading it directly from apple over the internet (counting against your internet usage)

If you already have the content on your computer, the best option would be to transfer it to the iPad via USB cable.

fishax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that is my quastion exactly with same circumstance! I only get 7gb of data per month!!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
downloading from icloud would be downloaded from apple over the internet.

However, if you have wifi at home, you can wirelessly Sync the ipad with your computer to transfer the new movies. Syncing over wifi will not count as internet useage because it direct communication from the ipad and computer. Syncing via USB cable to the computer however would be MUCH faster.

ashavarma11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
downloading from icloud would be downloaded from apple over the internet.

However, if you have wifi at home, you can wirelessly Sync the ipad with your computer to transfer the new movies. Syncing over wifi will not count as internet useage because it direct communication from the ipad and computer. Syncing via USB cable to the computer however would be MUCH faster.

Cud anyone tell me how to download mp3 songs from web.thanks

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ashavarma11 said:
Cud anyone tell me how to download mp3 songs from web.thanks

Check out the post "Youtube downloader on ipad 2"

Last edited:

Most reactions