What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCame, iSaw, iPaid - iPad big on price, small on apps

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just read a review from Conrad Walters with the Sydney Morning Herald
iPad big on price, small on apps

You may find it interesting if you live down under We have no confirmed date or price however April 28th looks good from what I hear.

Itunes stores in each country are different to USA for example the Aus store features many Australian Artists , TV shows etc etc Applications are different in addition to the US mainstream we have localised (localized for americans )ie GPS Apps like Tom Tom, Australian recipes, Foxtel tv control and many many more. One can change country in itunes and see what each county has but one cannot order from another countries' itunes store which some times can be frustrating. This in most part is due to copy right issues. Mind you there is more than one way to skin a cat if you get my drift :D:D

The following as quoted sums up some of the issues. One major issue is Australian ibooks store

"The iPads sold in Australia will have the option of 3G access instead of simply wi-fi at launch. But the iBooks store, the literary equivalent of iTunes, is not yet available outside the US.

Local content on the iPad will be limited initially, with publishers treading cautiously.

Jack Matthews, the chief executive of the online division of Fairfax, publisher of The Sun-Herald, said he doubted large-screen mobile devices were ''game-changers'' in the short term. Fairfax might not have iPad applications ''from day one'' but ''shortly thereafter''."

This is not the end of the world as we have many alternatives I believe that in a short time after release the ibooks problem will be resolved

Let us know what issues you face in your country with itunes............
Hope this is helpful

Cheers Colin Down under

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Colin if all else fails you can download thousands of eBooks via P2P torrents. Enough to fill that sucker up and then some.

Vendors are only shooting themselves in the foot by greedy dragging out the issue of placing ebooks in the market at reasonable prices.

kfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big call from fairfax, people who dont think its a game changer just havent experienced the device, all the doubters in the office now are converts and can see some use, the big screen is actually perfect for surfing, im and doing "netbook stuff" where the iphone was adequate but not perfect.

It will be a game changer Im sure of that.

Most reactions

Latest posts