What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCade and iPad 2 issues...

l2iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

so I picked up an iCade two days ago, paired it successfully to my iPad 2 without issues. But when I try to play a game(Atari Classics or League of Evil), there is no response from the joystick/buttons...I then hit "forget this device" and paired it with my iPod touch 4th gen, and it worked no problem with the games...

I then "forget this device" on the ipod and paired it with the iPad...same thing, no response...any idea what's wrong? I tried changing the keyboard language and settings(diff languages and even tried QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, etc)...I then restored the iPad to factory(via iTunes Restore button), but nothing new...

the iCade is supposed to connect as a bluetooth keyboard, with the buttons and joystick giving off signals from the keyboard...which is why i tried changing languages and settings on the keyboard menu...but nothing...

has anyone had this issue with any bluetooth keyboard? It works perfectly with one device but not the other? pairs fine...

I haven't seen anyone with this issue where it is paired but not replying(other than changing the keyboard language to English as it says on their website and manual)...

I even exchanged it just in case...but since it works on the iPod touch flawlessly, something is up with the iPad 2...

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just paired my iPad 2 to the icade with no problems, in the iPad settings for keyboard select qwerty then lower down select international keyboards and pick u.s. international pc.
That should do it with any luck

OP
L

l2iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey Psy...thanks for the tip, I tried it but no luck...one thing I did notice...the bluetooth seems to stop working after something...what I mean is...I turned the BT off, then back on and went into League of Evil(already running in the multitask bar) and the joystick/buttons worked for a second or two, then stopped...

I then turned on the motorola s9, and the headphones worked fine, but once I connected the icade again(by pressing a button on it, therefore waking it up and connecting to the ipad), the motorola stopped working!!

this is messed...something is not right here...

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be Bluetooth prob, try turning mobile Bluetooth off so the only active devices are icade and iPad, this my help,
The icade goes to idle when buttons not pressed and other active Bluetooth sources may be interfering .
Long shot but try it :). Good luck
Always try ion help they are good, if you don't have details post and I will put here,

OP
L

l2iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the tips! I realized that the bluetooth would stop working on the ipad2 after having the bluetooth turned on for a few seconds...

I called Apple and now they are sending me a box to ship it back to them, they will check it out and if it is hardware related, will send me a brand new replacement unit. :(

thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts