What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello everybody
I'm not familiar with iBooks, and want to get a book on my old Ipad 2 for Mom.
How does this work? Does the adio book download to, or on the iPad? Or does the iPad need wifi connection for her to listen? Can she use iBooks without internet connection assuming the book is on the iPad Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - I have nearly 1.6 GB of books & PDFs in my iBooks app on my Air 2 - these are stored on the iPad and can be read when 'off line' - just turned off my Wi-Fi and was able to open and view several books w/o a problem. I've not DL any audiobooks but assume those are handled similarly, but you can always test yourself. More information on iBooks HERE. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everybody
I'm not familiar with iBooks, and want to get a book on my old Ipad 2 for Mom.
How does this work? Does the adio book download to, or on the iPad? Or does the iPad need wifi connection for her to listen? Can she use iBooks without internet connection assuming the book is on the iPad Thanks!
You can download books and audiobooks directly through the iBooks app on your iPad. Once downloaded no internet connection is required to read or listen to the books. Get started with iBooks

joseph090

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download the ebooks, then you can see it without any interenet connection.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts