What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks not syncing from ipad to iphone

bogey08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rosevillechamber.com
Is there a trick to get ibooks to sync from the ipad to the iphone and back again wirelessly? I enjoy Kindle on all my devices and decided to try one book on ibooks. All I want is ibooks to sync to the last page read between devices.:confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is supposed to happen automatically.

I don't really know what I'm talking about on this one, but here are the first steps I'd take in troubleshooting.

Go to the iBooks Store on both devices and make sure you are logged in with the same account. You should be able to see this at the bottom of the page.
Go to Settings >> iBooks, and make sure Sync Bookmarks and Sync Collection are turned on. I'm not sure they have anything to do with it, but it's worth a try.

Make sure you have an internet connection before opening the book. It may sync on opening, and not in the background.

And that's all I can think of, at last at the moment.

Addendum:

I just fired up my iPod Touch (which I haven't done for several weeks) and tried a book I'd never opened on it before. At first it opened on the first page, but after a few seconds went to the last page I'd been on with the iPad.

That suggests two things to me.

One, the device must be connected to the internet when opening the book to go to the page.

Two, being signed on to the same account inside the app is probably important.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bogey08 said:
Is there a trick to get ibooks to sync from the ipad to the iphone and back again wirelessly? I enjoy Kindle on all my devices and decided to try one book on ibooks. All I want is ibooks to sync to the last page read between devices.:confused:

Did you fix it?

ArcticPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Twerppoet, I had missed the settings....Ibooks....synch and that was what was (?) keeping me from synching!

Most reactions

Latest posts