What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks Fix - Corona 1.0-7

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Users of iBooks on jailbroken 5.0.1 devices may have been experiencing intermittent problems with the DRM associated with purchased book content. About 10-20% of the images in a book would fail to load due to a bug in the Corona untether.

The good news is that planetbeing corrected the bug in the Corona untether and issued an update :D

All jailbroken iPad owners should apply the fix by installing or updating the "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" package in Cydia to version 1.0-7 (or above).

This applies to everyone regardless of the jailbreak method you used for 5.0.1 (so yes, Absinthe iPad2 jailbreakers, this includes you!)

You will need to reboot once the package is installed or updated. After that your iBooks issues should be history [unless of course you are a dirty rotten pirate, in which case you don't deserve a working copy of iBooks!] ;)

stonecold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this Tested and confirmed working on ipad2? I tried it on jb ipad2 and all it did was trap me in an infinite reboot loop resulting in a restore and re break. Never had such a bad experience with any hack. Guess I won't be reAding any books.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Mjmoore17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Users of iBooks on jailbroken 5.0.1 devices may have been experiencing intermittent problems with the DRM associated with purchased book content. About 10-20% of the images in a book would fail to load due to a bug in the Corona untether.

The good news is that planetbeing corrected the bug in the Corona untether and issued an update :D

All jailbroken iPad owners should apply the fix by installing or updating the "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" package in Cydia to version 1.0-7 (or above).

This applies to everyone regardless of the jailbreak method you used for 5.0.1 (so yes, Absinthe iPad2 jailbreakers, this includes you!)

You will need to reboot once the package is installed or updated. After that your iBooks issues should be history [unless of course you are a dirty rotten pirate, in which case you don't deserve a working copy of iBooks!] ;)

I updated to Corona 5.0.1 Untether package. Ibookswill not open and I cannot delete,it so that I can redowload it Any suggestions.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Installed version 1.08 last night, no problem on iPad2. Of course I did not have any problems with iBooks before, either...

That Corona package did not show up on my list of installed programs before, so it was like a new installation rather than an upgrade. Should that concern me?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've done the update on both my iPads without a hitch.

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a slight confusion. y are we doing this? i mean my ibooks seems to be working f9. aftre 5.0.1 jb, do i still have to install it?

Mjmoore17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to put in "safe mode", run an old fix for Ibooks 5.0 and then download a new copy of IBooks from App Store. The new copy works and the second icon (original) still does not. I just hid the second icon where I would never use it. It will not let me delete it.

Michael

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPADfreak90 said:
i have a slight confusion. y are we doing this? i mean my ibooks seems to be working f9. aftre 5.0.1 jb, do i still have to install it?

my question exactly .. i am yet to find any problem with ibook after JB .. i am thinking of just to wait and not installing the corona update .. will it affect my ipad performance ?

stonecold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I take it all back corona run fine now. I think what caused my issue was a hack I ran before running corona.

Anyone on the adventurous side try install direct closer pro on your iPad 2 And lemme know what happens on reboot.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts