What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook in trouble

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things do not look good for ibooks. They have the same number of books they had in the beginning, and half of them are Guttenburg project titles. Amazon has a much better selection vailable. If Apple doesn't find publishers soon, the whole app may hit the dirt.

Last edited:

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things do not look good for ibooks. They have the same number of books they hahe dust.d in the beginning, and half of them are Guttenburg project titles. Amazon has a much better selection vailable. If Apple doesn't find publishers soon, the whole app may hit the dirt.

Yep,
While iBooks may look nicer as an app. I'm sticking with Kindle for my eBook purchases because there are a TON more titles. Apple needs to step their game up.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the iBooks presentation is pretty nice and I actually use it a lot for most of the free stuff, but Amazon is the incumbent and they are going to be tough to beat as far as content. Even the two big brick & mortar stores can't come close with their books in electronic format in terms of selection.

dp118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I've had my iPad since May and have tried every ebook app, including Apple's, I've settled into purchasing from Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Both of their apps have been upgraded to include ibook's features and they have better pricing on a much larger selection than their competitors. Try B & N's new Pubit site to get some great deals on a wide variety of titles.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My self , i have many free eBook (Gutenberg) and also from many other source all i download in ePub and transfer in my Ibooks with iTunes so far for me the best is this app’s i have try many include Stanza and GoodReader in my eyes no one have his level when i have some good book in PDF , Calibre transform it for me and Voila

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I had kindle first and I share my kindle account with about 10 people, so there is a clear incentive to stick with the kinde store. (That and the library of about 500 kindle books now)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree totally. The iBooks app is great, but the content agreements are total fail.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been a long time Kindle user and when I got the iPad I started looking for books on iBooks. To date I have not found a single book I was looking for on iBooks. So I no longer even look there, although to Apple's credit I did sell my Kindle DX.

I use Stanza for most of my free book reading on iPad. They have a lot of great sources to get books from. I personally use Feedbooks a lot as a Sherlock Holmes fan...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
which is why I don't use it for anything but PDFs. I have gone on to iBooks numerous times to find a book I wanted and didn't find it. Seems like if its not on NY Times best seller list its not there...useless.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBook's content is even worse as you go out of the US. In Canada there's half the choices because of regional restrictions. Not looking good so far...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Publishers saw what happened to the music industry. In their interests to divide and conquer.....
That said nothing beats a good book in the hand. Presentation, smell, texture as well as content. Guess I'm too old for the digital revolution.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Publishers saw what happened to the music industry. In their interests to divide and conquer.....
That said nothing beats a good book in the hand. Presentation, smell, texture as well as content. Guess I'm too old for the digital revolution.

What? How old are you?
I'm 53 and I love reading on the iPad. I just spent the last two hours reading on it and enjoying every bit of it ...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So wasteful. I bought my gf an iPad so she would stop buying magazines.

Most reactions

Latest posts