What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to get a refund on an App

Roseymagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there seems to be controversy over whether or not you can actually get a refund from a purchased app. However, I have heard that some people are able to do it. There are instructions on how to do so using a desktop computer, but I want to do it on my iPad.
Reason for return: app misadvertised, has glitches and is pointless.

So, here's the official question: how can I submit a return request (on my iPad) and where can I find the invoice number without the receipt (have not received it yet) I have not received the invoice yet.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How much was the app? Basically you need the details of the invoice also you cannot access that from the iPad only from a pc or Mac. You can send an email to the support for iTunes and depending on your reason you should get a refund. If it is only a few dollars I would not bother.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there seems to be controversy over whether or not you can actually get a refund from a purchased app. However, I have heard that some people are able to do it. There are instructions on how to do so using a desktop computer, but I want to do it on my iPad.
Reason for return: app misadvertised, has glitches and is pointless.

It would help if you can yell us what was that junk application, so we can keeo away from it.

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it is only a few dollars I would not bother.

That's what the developer of every garbage app is hoping.
That's also why there are so many junk apps out there.

A lot of developers claim their app runs in German (and other languages) and it's only after you've bought ithat you find out it only runs in English. Probably for the reasons you stated.

Even for 99 cents, I'm happy to take a few minutes to annoy Apple with a refund request since Apple ought to police the iTunes listings better for such obvious shabby business practices.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Roseymagnolia, There have been two apps that I have purchased that didn't work as advertised. Since I get email whenever I purchase an app, especially ones that I paid for, confirming I have bought the app--you have the option of replying to the email by reporting a problem.

When you get the email from the appstore, you can report a problem, such as, this app doesn't work as advertised, or this app is so unstable that it doesn't launch when I press the icon--a day later I get the subject app purchase refunded.

If you have the inclination to do so, as suggested by Peled, post information on the app you have problems so the rest of us can be aware of it.

The two apps I asked a refund for was actually a book (it was a technical book on the iPad that was based on an earlier OS version, that I mistakenly thought was current) and the Pano HD app, which was only for iPhones with a camera.

Most reactions