What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I tunes Match

ravali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
I would like to know that in using ITunes IMatch to send my music in the cloud,it gives automatically more space on my
IPad.I am close to my limit of 16 go.
Thanks in advance.
R.V.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding of iTunes Match is that all your music is "matched" and stored on Apple's iCloud. Then, you can play music on the iPad via streaming. So, you can pay for iTunes Match and then, once everything is matched, you can then delete all the music you physically have on the iPad. You'll just be streaming it.

However, one thing to be aware of is that the music in the cloud will be downloaded to your iPad while it's streaming. So, you will have to go into the Music app and delete that music every now and then so that your iPad doesn't fill up [again].

So, in a way, you'll still have to manage your music because you will have to keep removing it from the iPad. But, this way, you can have access to all your music versus just the music you can fit on the iPad.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi.
I would like to know that in using ITunes IMatch to send my music in the cloud,it gives automatically more space on my
IPad.I am close to my limit of 16 go.
Thanks in advance.

Hi R.V. - Marilyn has already provided some great information - now I am not using iTunes Match, BUT have considered the option for a while. First, there is a charge, i.e. $25/year; second, ALL of your music is available online or as a download (i.e. music from iTunes, music ripped from your own CDs, or music purchased elsewhere, e.g. I use Classics Online a lot). AND, your own music is 'matched' w/ that in iTunes - much will already be available w/o having to upload a lot of files from your computer - pretty neat!

NOW, once all of your music is in the 'Cloud Match' then you can certainly 'clean up' your iPad and delete the music from the device - the music will be available on all of your devices either through streaming and/or downloading, if desired; of course, you're need a wireless connection such as Wi-Fi to stream - and streaming does not involve DL your music files from the cloud (see quote below from HERE) - SO, yes you can recover space on your 16 GB iPad and still have your music available on that device and other ones - BUT for streaming, you'll still need a decent wireless connection. Dave

Does iTunes Match stream or download songs?On a computer, any songs stored in iCloud will stream over the air when played, though you can download them at any time by clicking the iCloud download button. iOS devices will start playing tracks from iCloud as they download and will store them so that you can listen to them later even if you don’t have a network connection. Apple TV only streams songs.

OP
ravali

ravali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does clarify.
Thank you.
Ronald

OP
ravali

ravali

iPF Noob