What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Activating itunes match on ipad 2

ophelia105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked over and over again but cannot find t hoŵ to do this.

I have paid my money so I can store my CDs on iCloud. Now I can't seem to access them on my ipad.

Apparently all I need to do is to go to settings and then music and then just slide the 'iTunes match slider'

Problem is I don't have an iTunes Match slider!

I have managed to activate Match on my iPhone via this method so not sure why I don't have this option on my ipad?

Any help gratefully received as I am sure it is something simple I am missing...

OP
O

ophelia105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Scifan. Thanks for the link.

It seems to say that my ipad needs to be linked o my Apple id in order to be able to access iTunes Match.

This is something I had already done so still not sure why I don't have the iTunes Match slider in my settings - music on my ipad

Any other ideas gratefully received.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought: which iOS is installed on your iPad? I see in scifan's link iTunes Match requires 5.0.1 and later.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan above is correct. You must subscribe to iTunes Match from your computer. You can use your normal apple ID. See this:
You must subscribe to iTunes Match from a computer that meets the below system requirements.

iTunes Match minimum system requirements:

iTunes 10.5.1 or later on your Mac or PC
iOS 5.0.1 or later on your iPhone, Pad, or iPod touch
To subscribe to iTunes Match

Open the latest version of iTunes on your computer. You cannot subscribe to iTunes Match from an iOS device.
Choose Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
From the main screen, click the subscribe button.
If you already have an existing Apple ID that you use for iTunes Store purchases, sign in with that Apple ID, and click Subscribe. Review this article if you want to use the same Apple ID for iTunes Store purchases and iCloud. Otherwise, click Create Account to create an Apple ID.
You may be asked to validate your billing information at this point.
After you have added a valid payment method, click "Subscribe" to continue.

Note: You may use store credit to pay for your iTunes Match subscription; however, you must have a valid payment method on file at the time of sign up.

Once you agree to the iTunes Match Terms and Conditions, iTunes will automatically scan your iTunes library for matches.
A status indicator will allow you to track progress. You may also manually pause and resume iTunes at any time by clicking the Stop or Start button.
Once iTunes has completed scanning, matching, and uploading any unmatched songs, click Done.
The download button will be displayed next to items that are available for download from iCloud. If the download button is not visible, this means that the item already exists locally in your iTunes library.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
O

ophelia105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Andrew - thanks for the reply however I am still a little confused.

I have already been to the iiTunes Store on my pc and activated iTunes Match.

In my library I have a 'match' option which then matches my songs including my CDs which I can then access from my iPhone.

This makes me think my iTunes match is up and running - unless I am missing something at this stage.

I have also been to store and checked my ipad is in 'manage your devices' and linked to my Apple ID - which it is.

So I am not trying to subscribe to iTunes Match via an iOS device - merely trying to turn the function on.

I hope this makes it clearer. Unless I'm being really thick and missing the point. :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew - thanks for the reply however I am still a little confused.

I have already been to the iiTunes Store on my pc and activated iTunes Match.

In my library I have a 'match' option which then matches my songs including my CDs which I can then access from my iPhone.

This makes me think my iTunes match is up and running - unless I am missing something at this stage.

I have also been to store and checked my ipad is in 'manage your devices' and linked to my Apple ID - which it is.

So I am not trying to subscribe to iTunes Match via an iOS device - merely trying to turn the function on.

I hope this makes it clearer. Unless I'm being really thick and missing the point. :)

I think ophelia if you competed with me about who is thicker re iTunes Match, you would lose and lose badly:) Really, the only thing I have left is to point you to the following link with the hope it might help, Or someone more knowledgeable may chip in with advice.

http://www.imore.com/daily-tip-set-itunes-match-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch

EDIT: make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes, version 11
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're using the same Apple ID on your iPad as on iPhone and in iTunes on your computer?

Last edited:
OP
O

ophelia105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems it has resolved itself - I did turn my ipad off and on again and the itunes match slider appeared so perhaps this s something to bear in mind if anyone else has issues.

Also it does seem that iTunes Match does things by stages over a period time so part if it seems to be waiting for it to settle down!

Now I'm off to see if has worked

Thanks for the support, guys.

Most reactions

Latest posts