What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really miss these 2 icons

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
Any way to get these on the iPad?

Yes they were simple, but I liked them.

John

iPhonescreen.jpg

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a TD Ameritrade app (you don't have to have an account) and the Weather Chanel has an App as well.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I wish they had all the stock apps or at least the choice to put them on there. I think they ran out of time when building the software and porting things over to iPad friendly versions and just decided these were ones people used the least so leave them off.

Weather Chanel app is gorgeous but it is SUPER SLOW and buggy really besides netflix is the only app that has crashed on me. I use bloomberg app for stocks but I really really miss the stock iphone app because its news feature and interface was much more user friendly. Bloomberg is more indepth and has great features but too much work to find out quick info on my stocks.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I wish they had all the stock apps or at least the choice to put them on there. I think they ran out of time when building the software and porting things over to iPad friendly versions and just decided these were ones people used the least so leave them off.

Weather Chanel app is gorgeous but it is SUPER SLOW and buggy really besides netflix is the only app that has crashed on me. I use bloomberg app for stocks but I really really miss the stock iphone app because its news feature and interface was much more user friendly. Bloomberg is more indepth and has great features but too much work to find out quick info on my stocks.

Is there any reason why you can't use Yahoo Finance or your own online brokerage account?

Why does there have to be an App for everything when you have a browser?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would hate to see a bunch of apps on there that I cannot remove and have no use for.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is there any reason why you can't use Yahoo Finance or your own online brokerage account?

Why does there have to be an App for everything when you have a browser?

Just the simplicity and when you are used to having it (on my iphone) it becomes habit to see it check it one way. Yes I could use my browser but then have to log in, check log out ect. It is nice just to click scroll exit.

cpatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NASDAQ Portfolio Manager is an awesome replacement for the iPhone Stocks app and AccuWeather is the best weather app I've found. Both are also showcase apps for the ipad in terms of interface and design.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, I miss the calculator and the alarm! :(

I just miss the Alarm and time zone Calculator have many for free yet .. but alarm as 3 party cannot work when iPad is in sleeping mode

Most reactions

Latest posts