What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad keeps crashing

emma riggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only had my iPad 2 a month and a few days ago it crashed and since then keeps crashing when the crash first happened it took about an hour to get back into it. After checking various websites I rebooted the iPad as new deleting everything but even now it is still crashing what do I do now?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have only had my iPad 2 a month and a few days ago it crashed and since then keeps crashing when the crash first happened it took about an hour to get back into it. After checking various websites I rebooted the iPad as new deleting everything but even now it is still crashing what do I do now?

Hi emma and welcome to the forum. The iPad 2 does not have an overly-huge memory and after a month of use the RAM can get congested and needs tidying up.
I'm not sure from the steps taken by you so far that you have already done this, but this is something that should be done regularly to sweeten up the iPad's memory:

Press on the Home button twice (or do a four-finger swipe upwards) to reveal all the apps still hanging around in memory, as per the row of icons on the bottom task bar. Hold down on any icon until they all start to wiggle. Then delete them all by tapping each minus symbol. Switch your iPad off and on and that should have it run better.

Another thing to help with tidying up memory (courtesy of a recent post by member RoyRob) is:
Settings>Safari>Clear Data and also Clear Cookies. Hope that helps. Come back if not, as there are others who may have a better suggestion.
Regards, Andrew

OP
E

emma riggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion clearing the aps at the bottem was the first thing I thought of. I tried the tip with the safari data and its still crashing today. It's bad because even though the memory may be smaller i have only 6 aps on my iPad to the 50 odd I have on my I phone it's poor really considering the cost of iPads

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emma....what version Ios are you running on your iPad? I have an iPad 2 as well and I don't get the kind of crashes as you are.

OP
E

emma riggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6.0.1 so most recent? I don't know anyone else with iPad 2 having this problem t

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
..and you have done a reset-by holding the power and home button at the same time as what the OB stated?

What apps makes it crash?

OP
E

emma riggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've restarted rebooted everything ape suggests it not one app that's making it crash sometimes nothing is even running and it still crashes I did download love film and thought that could have been the cause so deleted it but it still crashes

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...and not to repeat anything...but i have had to clear my cookies because the Safari mobile browser was acting up for me. Twice already I have had to do that, since I have owned my ipad for 16 months.

Have you done that as well?

OP
E

emma riggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I did this last night but I haven't used my safari that much I've turned off I cloud location services x

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I did this last night but I haven't used my safari that much I've turned off I cloud location services x

If you have only had this iPad for a month, have you thought about making an appointment with a genius at the Apple store? You are still in warranty and they can do check to see what is wrong.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is "crashing"? Do you mean an app that quits working and blinks to the home screen or do you mean the entire iPad quits working? What exactly happens when it crashes?

OP
E

emma riggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The entire I pad crashes it will just go blank then the apple logo will come up the it will keep going for about 10 minutes and u can't go back into the iPad it doesn't matter what app I'm in it will still crash dayley

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware or software problem that should not happen, I would have it checked at an apple store and/ or get a new replacement. My iPad 1 which was inferior then the iPad 2 was nothing as unstable as your iPad 2

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes seems you should get it checked out by apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts