What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help

bestie59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I need help maybe someone out there has gone thru this. As from about 2 months ago whenever I connect my IPad to my PC, the PC restarts automatically. I was told to uninstall I-Tunes and re-install it which I did but still with the same problem.Please can anyone help as I cannot sync my IPad with my PC anymore.

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be a fault USB port on the PC, have you tried plugging your ipad into a different usb port?

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like a USB power issue. More details about your machine, OS, memory... that could help.
Does your Pc restart also when overloaded with sound/music programs? It happened to me a while ago and had to reconfigure some settings. Motherboard was getting in heat. :D

MAc is now using NASA Visualization Explorer

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go into you settings and find where the default action is for when a camera is plugged in. Change that to nothing and see if that helps.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the settings. My only Windows machine is buried, and I'm not brave enough right now to disturb the easily toppled pile of junk.

OP
B

bestie59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please be patient cos I cannot get the hang of things. I have tried another usb port and still same problem. Now which settings do I go into? The computer settings?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I need help maybe someone out there has gone thru this. As from about 2 months ago whenever I connect my IPad to my PC, the PC restarts automatically. I was told to uninstall I-Tunes and re-install it which I did but still with the same problem.Please can anyone help as I cannot sync my IPad with my PC anymore.

You say that, when you plug your iPad into your PC, it restarts. What happens if you let your PC restart? Does iTunes automatically launch when the PC has completed its restart? If it doesn't, what happens if you manually launch iTunes? Does it 'see' your iPad?

Tim

OP
B

bestie59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when I leave it connected to the PC it keeps restarting over and over, even when I tried to launch I-tunes manually

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A PC keeps a log of unusual events in the Control Panel. It might be worth looking to see what your PC suggests caused the problem. 'Control Panel', 'Problem Reports and Solutions' and then investigate what Windows says caused the unexpected shutdown.

Tim

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A PC will reboot if certain voltages drop below a predetermined level which appears to be your case. The USB supplies a voltage to power things like a mouse and keyboard. Depending on your situation you could be over loading the USB with to many devices or the Apple iPad cable is shorting out.

To be on the safe side I recommend you take your iPad and cable into the apple dealer and have him check it for you, then you know what equipment is offending, also you don't want to damage your iPad with a bad USB port.

If you can't make it to the dealer then try plugging another USB device using a completely different cable. If that does not reproduce the problem try plugging your iPad into another computer. Usually I don't test suspect equipment with anything important because the good equipment is now bad or damaged.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

Most reactions