What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with my PDF readers and files.

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just need help with my PDF readers. When i transfer PDF files from laptop to iPad it goes straight to my iBooks. Now as i was testing my various Apps i saw that i have GoodReader, Adobe Reader and PDF Reader... I'm sure they're all great PDF readers BUT i somehow can't use them to open my PDF files. I open any of my PDF reader App and i couldn't find any of the files found in my iBooks. To sum it all up, i can only locate and open them in iBooks.

Is there any way for my PDF reader Apps to locate my files? I just wanna use themso in case i need to edit PDF i can do so. Thanks for your help guys and more power to IPF.

OP
Vaden15

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bumping to see if there would be anyone who knows how to figure out my dilemma.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you transferring those PDF files to Adobe reader, PDF reader and Goodreader directly? Transferring them to Ibook will only allow you to open it on ibook unless you add them to the PDF readers you mentioned.

OP
Vaden15

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see... Pardon the question but... How do you transfer the pdf files to those Apps rather than iBooks? It seems that when i click and drag the file from my desktop folder to iTunes it automatically goes to iBooks... Sorry... Very new to iOS so still learning the ropes...

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when your ipad is connected to itunes, click on your ipad, hit the app tab, then scroll down you'll find two boxes. left box contains the apps where you can put files. for example, you choose goodreader, tap that one. then the box on the right side opens where you can put the pdf file you wanted. ;) or other files.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Email the files to yourself, open mail on ipad, select where you want the file to open. Voila.

That certainly is the easiest option, Nd works every time.

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emailing to yourself might work very well, but not possible in a corporate environment with email attachment size limits. My company only allows attachments <10 MB, and I regularly have to read PDFs which are 100 MB +.

I recommend you learn the method j0yful has described above - that's the foolproof way to do it, and you can copy it directly to the app that you want.

OP
Vaden15

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when your ipad is connected to itunes, click on your ipad, hit the app tab, then scroll down you'll find two boxes. left box contains the apps where you can put files. for example, you choose goodreader, tap that one. then the box on the right side opens where you can put the pdf file you wanted. ;) or other files.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :) It freakin' worked. :D I love this forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts