What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a mobile printer for my ipad3 which has its own battery

1timwoodward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an office jet 100 HP printer which is compact and runs on its own lithium rechargeable battery and
Am shocked I can't simply set it up to print when I am out away in my car. I was surprised it is not compatible with the iPad. I think I have to return it and googled portable printers and can't seem to find any printers (for using in the car with no 110 power, which are compatible with iPad. I searched and see that there are some apps let you print to any printer from an iPad, BUT it looks like you need to have a router or network or pc to go with it.
My iPad has Internet thru verizon and can make its own mobile hotspot. I really don't understand this much, but looking for a a simple solution to print with only my iPad and a printer without ac current.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need a printer that is either AirPrint or ePrint compatible. The Officejet 100 is neither I'm afraid.

I've used the H470 but I believe it's been discontinued.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even I want o buy a printer suggest me the best for my ipad 3 which is not so costly

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found an App called "Print n "Share" which together with free software which you download to your desk top/laptop enables you to print from your WiFi enabled printer. Only downloaded yesterday thus ensure whether it will work for all printing needs but so far, it definitely works. Costs £5.95

Most reactions

Latest posts