What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I knew I wasn't crazy! There is a problem with some WiFi only iPads!

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's not panic people - it seems this is only affecting a very very small percentage of buyers. I think it's just defective units they are talking about... mine fits the category, but I have no issues. Considering almost 4 million are sold and these articles are saying they have 700 reports on forums... well - you do the math for what percentage that is.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Obviously, it only applies to some iPads...mine works just fine as I use wifi everyday. Sounds like the antennas may not be connected properly in all units.

Good they are finally getting on this.

Last edited:

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you buy enough technology you will eventually draw the short straw and get a defective unit. It is no fun when it happens but it happens.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Let's not panic people - it seems this is only affecting a very very small percentage of buyers. I think it's just defective units they are talking about... mine fits the category, but I have no issues. Considering almost 4 million are sold and these articles are saying they have 700 reports on forums... well - you do the math for what percentage that is.

sorry I just had to :D

.000175%

Sounds like a pretty good chance to me lol

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad3 last week and am seeing the symptoms described here. I have an iPad1 and get all three bars when next to my home router. The iPad3 gets 2. Also, when I'm at work, where my wifi signal is weak, the iPad1 gets one bar but once it connects, it stays connected. The iPad3 will drop out even when it shows two bars. It takes some doing to get the signal back again (turning the WiFi on and off). Sometimes it will hold for hours, other times, it comes and goes frequently.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

daward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not knowing something might be amiss in my iPad 3 Wifi, I changed hotel rooms twice and then finally checked out and into another hotel due to wifi issues. Unless I'm sitting right on top of a wifi spot, my iPad can't connect. I downloaded Pages yesterday and it took me 45 minutes. I know it's a big program, but I thought that was an awful long time. Will see what Apple comes up with before I return it. I bought it directly from Apple and it was delivered from China.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
daward said:
Not knowing something might be amiss in my iPad 3 Wifi, I changed hotel rooms twice and then finally checked out and into another hotel due to wifi issues. Unless I'm sitting right on top of a wifi spot, my iPad can't connect. I downloaded Pages yesterday and it took me 45 minutes. I know it's a big program, but I thought that was an awful long time. Will see what Apple comes up with before I return it. I bought it directly from Apple and it was delivered from China.

At home Pages normally takes about 5 minutes

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
Yes there is. Take it back and get your free replacement. That was easy.

Well, not all that easy if you order through the Apple online store. Then you have to get permission (I suppose), box it up, and reship---and possibly have to pay shipping.

stil29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tuttle said:
Well, not all that easy if you order through the Apple online store. Then you have to get permission (I suppose), box it up, and reship---and possibly have to pay shipping.

I had to ship mine to Apple for screen issues they shipped me a box

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am way far away from my router and it's a cheap Verizon supplied one. I pay for 15/5 and this is the speed I get :) faster then my Galaxy Nexus and HP Touchpad.

I don't think it's a wide spread issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333685406.307819.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333685406.307819.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 260

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No notable problems on my WiFi only 64 gig iPad 3.

This fact that they have a memo to capture units, is simply Apple trying to confirm if their is a problem. It is not an admission at this point that there is a problem or if it is simply mass hysteria from all the blogs. (Not to say there is not a problem)

Most reactions

Latest posts