What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I demand that Zagg provide an update!

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For any Zagg employees that see this, please please, PLEASE, provide an update on when the Zaggkeys Cover for iPad Air will be released!

Thank you, that is all!

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, we should be told when it will be released. I know that once I buy something else it will be released.

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead and purchased the Apple cover for mine until Zagg gets off their rear ends and releases this thing!!!

lwerring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're talking about. It has been available since the Air was released. I bought mine on zagg.com and have received confirmation of shipping.

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're talking about. It has been available since the Air was released. I bought mine on zagg.com and have received confirmation of shipping.
The Zaggkeys Folio has been available but not the cover.....still shows coming soon

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I didn't receive an email to indicate the Zaggkeys Cover for iPad Air was available for purchase, but I just ordered mine!!!!! Whooohoooo!!!

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I didn't receive an email to indicate the Zaggkeys Cover for iPad Air was available for purchase, but I just ordered mine!!!!! Whooohoooo!!!
Have you gotten the zaggkeys cover yet? I have been waiting to order one, just got the in stock email notification today

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you gotten the zaggkeys cover yet? I have been waiting to order one, just got the in stock email notification today

Yes I did actually!! I happened to look online on Dec 27th and was able to order one! This reply is being typed on it as we speak!! so far so good. I'm a little worried about the rubber feet provided as the ones I had for the Mini didn't stick too well to the smooth aluminum. I'm looking at a different solution (Zagg skin or just a Zagg shield) to protect the back. Keys are quite responsive and have a satisfying subdued click to them that lets you feel each key stroke without the keystroke noise. I feel like I am carrying around a new version of the MacBook Air when I pull it out to start typing... I cant really comment yet on the backlighting as all places I have been were fully lit, but I did look at it in a darkened living room to see if it was brighter than the mini, but it appears to be the same brightness, just larger keys... with the tight fit of the hinge, I don't think you will be able to get the Air slid in with covers (Zagg or Gelaskin) on front or back or both. Not without messing up your covers....
If Zagg wants to send me a front and back shield, I would be happy to test!!! :)

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did actually!! I happened to look online on Dec 27th and was able to order one! This reply is being typed on it as we speak!! so far so good. I'm a little worried about the rubber feet provided as the ones I had for the Mini didn't stick too well to the smooth aluminum. I'm looking at a different solution (Zagg skin or just a Zagg shield) to protect the back. Keys are quite responsive and have a satisfying subdued click to them that lets you feel each key stroke without the keystroke noise. I feel like I am carrying around a new version of the MacBook Air when I pull it out to start typing... I cant really comment yet on the backlighting as all places I have been were fully lit, but I did look at it in a darkened living room to see if it was brighter than the mini, but it appears to be the same brightness, just larger keys... with the tight fit of the hinge, I don't think you will be able to get the Air slid in with covers (Zagg or Gelaskin) on front or back or both. Not without messing up your covers....
If Zagg wants to send me a front and back shield, I would be happy to test!!! :)
So the hinge is something new there was no hinge on the key cover for iPad 2, when you say that air won't fit with skins on it, I am not familiar with the 2 you listed. I use the slickwraps skins, they are pretty thin.

I may need to order one just to see.

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the hinge is something new there was no hinge on the key cover for iPad 2, when you say that air won't fit with skins on it, I am not familiar with the 2 you listed. I use the slickwraps skins, they are pretty thin. I may need to order one just to see.

Yeah this cover is more like the cover they released for the iPad Mini. Its a hinged system that provides protection for the glass but not much else. All the skins are about the same, just a few micrometers thick, but the hinge has a pretty tight tolerance and may "bunch up" the skins if you have any installed. i have not tried yet due to cost of skins if they do not work......

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE! :)

The ZaggKeys Cover for iPad Air is performing beautifully!
There are however a few issues:

1. The Zagg sometimes does not reconnect when opening the lid. A few times since I have had it, the unit will turn on the screen (magnets) and when typing nothing happens. I have to turn it off, and then back on and it will begin registering my keystrokes. Mind you, i am not having to repair, just reconnect.....

2. at times, the keyboard will turn on, allow me to start typing, but everything is in CAPS. The Caps lock light is not illuminated, yet the keystrokes are all registered as Capital. I can then depress the caps lock key, the light will illuminate, and the keyboard will then type in lower case. turning it off and then on seems to resolve the issue so not a big deal really.

a few days ago, while in a meeting, I went to show someone something on my iPad and he began running his finger around the bottom portion trying to find a mouse pointer!!! I have had a few people ask me from afar if this was some new MacBook Air or something! That is an awesome feeling knowing the units look so natural together that some people think its a laptop!!!

If Zagg sees this I am running a 128Gb iPad Air with Cellular and running iOS 7.0.4

Great Job Zagg!!

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received our zagg keys cases too, the wife and I really like them.

I had no issues getting the Air into the hinge, with my wrap (slickwrap).

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-216723539.jpg
    image-216723539.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 274
  • image-284004070.jpg
    image-284004070.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 304
  • image-3200248281.jpg
    image-3200248281.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 289

JJ_BPK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an AIR on the way and started looking at KB's. I have been using a logitech KB with my Ipad 2. Although it has served me well, I would like to get the back covered.

I'm looking at the ZAGG "cover" and/or the Folio. Reading the Amazon reviews there are many having problems with the "cover" hinge and the hinge on the folio seems to pick up dirt.

As they are currently the same price and nominally same wt & thickness,,

Does anyone have an opinion on the hinge?? cover vs Folio??

Thanks

OP
J

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an AIR on the way and started looking at KB's. I have been using a logitech KB with my Ipad 2. Although it has served me well, I would like to get the back covered. I'm looking at the ZAGG "cover" and/or the Folio. Reading the Amazon reviews there are many having problems with the "cover" hinge and the hinge on the folio seems to pick up dirt. As they are currently the same price and nominally same wt & thickness,, Does anyone have an opinion on the hinge?? cover vs Folio?? Thanks
I prefer the cover to the folio for simple act of removing the ipad and using stand alone, or flipping it around to the "reader" mode. With the Folio, I do not have the option of keeping it as a one piece when not in "laptop" mode......

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I received our zagg keys cases too, the wife and I really like them. I had no issues getting the Air into the hinge, with my wrap (slickwrap). Sent from my iPad using iPF

Is it heavy enough to have on your lap without the feeling of it flipping over?

Most reactions

Latest posts