What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cannot sign in to "iTunes Connect" but OK for all other things. What's up?

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has been working fine. Setup went well. I've had to us my Apple User Name an Password a few times. Downloaded a couple of apps (ebay & Amazon) - no problem, and no sign-in required. Tonight I thought that I would sync some music to my Pad from my computer via iTunes. Surprisingly, I did not see an iTunes app already installed, so I installed the app: iTC Mobile. Upon opening this app, I'm met with a sign in requirement -- Account Name & Password. I tried my Apple User Name & Password --- will not work ----> authentication error. Tried looking a some Apple help, thought I would have to set up an account with iCloud --- I did this (I'm always using the same name & PW). I still can't get past the iTC Mobile. All I want to do is sync music to my pad and play it. Help, please. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean that the iTunes app was not visible on any of your iPad home screens? If so, you may have it turned off in restrictions. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>iTunes slide the switch to on if it is off. This will make the iTunes app icon reappear on the home screen.

image-620645279.jpg

OP
A

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at work and don't have the iPad in front of me... But the iTunes app has always been visbible as one of the several pre-installed apps -- this seems to be soley / truly a "store" to purchase and download stuff / songs and videos; I do not want to buy any songs. From the "Apps" app, I had no problem downloading and using the iBook, ebay and Amazon apps. There was no additional signing in, logging on, or whatever....

I wanted to sync (copy) some music from my PC to the iPad. I figured that in order to do this that I would have to have an iTunes (music/video player) app installed on the iPad (-- NOT the iTunes Store app --) in order to accomplish the sync and play music on the iPad. I did not see any iTunes player app already installed on my iPad, so I went to the Apps "store" and searched for an iTunes app. I saw two (2) -- one for college courses or something (?), and the very first one listed, which I downloaded since it was described as a mobile app for iTunes: the iTC Mobile app (the app I mentioned initially).

That iTC Mobile app requires a sign in, and when I did sign in, it reported that the authentication failed. I tried to look up some solution on the Apple web site, but found nothing that seemed specific to my problem. Apple info did seem to suggest that I needed to enable iCloud, so I successfully did this (confirmed by email). However, I still could not log on to that iTunes player (iTC Mobile). Is this the wrong app, and not an iTunes player?

Please note that I initially went to the iTunes web page via my PC, and while I did find options to download iTunes to my computer (both Mac & PC), there was nothing whatsoever that suggested, informed me, or directed me to any iTunes (player) download for the iPad or any other mobile Apple device.

One of the reasons my wife and I bought the iPad over an Android or Windows tablet was for its ease of use. So far there has been nothing easy about owning this. I am watching my 14-day return "clock" closely, and if I can't fully use this iPad soon, back it goes for a refund. (And thank goodness I did buy directly from an Apple Store so I would have this refund option. Whew!)

Maybe I've got this all wrong. What did you do to allow sync'ing and playing music on your iPad? I am not interested in purchasing any songs, etc. I have thousands of AAC versions of songs (every one ripped from my CD collection) on my PC with iTunes. I just want some of those on my iPad to listen to from the iPad (i.e., the iPad as a music player). Thanks.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Music that gets synced to your iPad can be found in the Music app:

image-2254519808.jpg

It looks like this in iOS 7.1 and is a built in app, which means it cannot be deleted and has to be somewhere on your iPad. Maybe it's hidden in a folder or on a homescreen that you don't use. It's also possible that you enabled Restrictions and that's why you can't find the app.

OP
A

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My, how things can change in 24 hours! Yesterday I was a very frustrated big knucklehead, and today I'm a happy little knucklehead. Well, pointing out that "music" icon made me realize that I had not previously noted that before, believe it or not (being somewhat isolated; if was fixated on the main group of apps). After updating my PC's iTunes to v.11.1.55, my iPad wanted to update iOS 7.1. I did both. I was able to sync a playlist over to the iPad. Played songs with no problem, both with the Pad's speakers as well as connecting via Bluetooth to my Bose Soundlink. Wonderful! All is well again with the iPad.

My next hurtle is to read up on the new version of iTunes, as it is more obtuse than the older version I had previously. I cannot get a vertical list of playlists to show so that I can drag song titles from my mail library of songs over to a playlist. The drop-down menu that let's you select (check) the features (columns) you want to see does not offer Playlists.....

Anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Most reactions