What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am not able to send messages from my ipad after last update os.7

jrecu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several messages that have not been delivered.

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
I have several messages that have not been delivered.

Hi, I am brand new and I hav had that prob, was going to ask that question myself. In my case I keep getting a reply from Bt telling me not delivered, but because I am a dork I thought it may be me, now u asked I think maybe it is not me, good luck and nice to meet u, beepsy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a known issue with iMessages not getting sent on iOS 7. The fix is to restart the device, and it should work again, at least for a while.

wdriddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a known issue with iMessages not getting sent on iOS 7. The fix is to restart the device, and it should work again, at least for a while.

I have not been able to use FaceTime or iMessage either one and I have rebooted reset and done several things and it hasn't worked since the update. What else is left to do short of smashing the thing. Lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you describe your problem in more detail? Are you unable to activate FaceTime or Messages, or are you not able to connect to others even though the seem to be active?

wdriddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you describe your problem in more detail? Are you unable to activate FaceTime or Messages, or are you not able to connect to others even though the seem to be active?

It's telling me I cannot sign in and check my network connection. I've reset rebooted and done nothing to get back after the updates. I even changed my iTunes passwords still got the same messages. On both FaceTime and iMessages.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is a bit drastic, buy you could try Reset All Settings under Settings > General > Reset.

It won't delete any of your content, apps, or accounts, but it will default most of your other settings, so you will have to go back and re-tweak things the way you want them.

If that does not work you may have to restore the iPad using iTunes and a computer. That's been the final fix for some of the more persistent problems people have had after the update. The OTA update isn't as reliable, since it does not overwrite the existing OS, but patches it. The iTunes update is a clean install of the OS, and less likely to encounter problems.

The bug that's been going around and that Apple is supposed to fix has to do with undelivered messages, so it's unlikely that it is related to your problem.

wdriddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a bit drastic, buy you could try Reset All Settings under Settings > General > Reset. It won't delete any of your content, apps, or accounts, but it will default most of your other settings, so you will have to go back and re-tweak things the way you want them. If that does not work you may have to restore the iPad using iTunes and a computer. That's been the final fix for some of the more persistent problems people have had after the update. The OTA update isn't as reliable, since it does not overwrite the existing OS, but patches it. The iTunes update is a clean install of the OS, and less likely to encounter problems. The bug that's been going around and that Apple is supposed to fix has to do with undelivered messages, so it's unlikely that it is related to your problem.

I have done the general reset and re tweak things on it. The only thing I've not done is hook it to the computer and iTunes yet. Thx for your help. I went to best buy and ask the geek squad their take on it and they said apple was working on a fix and keep checking my updates as they would put it on there. Thx again.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score

No problem until I upgraded to 7.03.
Yesterday I was receiving pics on my iPad 3 from an iPhone 5. I saw them for a second and then they disappeared except the first pic and part of a message.
This morning I sent and received a few messages.
What a mess when your pics and messages become unreliable!
Maybe they have teamed up with the USPS?*!*?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts