What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hw to download video from pc to ipad2

Jetflyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
har said:
hw to download video from pc to ipad2

Try AVPlayerHD. Works like a charm and you don't need to have I Tunes or even a Mac to upload a video. All you need is to have your computer and iPad connected to a wireless network. Good luck

Cheers

Jetflyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
how to download? simple sync

Download the application and follow instructions. Basically you launch application hit wifi transfer which brings up an ip address. Put that ip address on your computer (using your browser ) and you get a screen asking you to search for the file on you computer. Find the file and and hit transfer and you will see on your iPad the transfer process. Once it is complete your video can be found in media browser on the application and you van play from there.

I hope that answered your questions

Cheers

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to go through the conversion process for videos to convert to mp4 so they could play, but then I found an app called air video player, which transcodes and streams video from my computer to my ipad. 2 catches with it though, 1) you need to have the computer on any time you want to watch videos and 2) you need to have internet connection available if you are not at home. Personally this is not a problem for me, and is a great way to make my media library available without converting stuff.

Jetflyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nasomi said:
I used to go through the conversion process for videos to convert to mp4 so they could play, but then I found an app called air video player, which transcodes and streams video from my computer to my ipad. 2 catches with it though, 1) you need to have the computer on any time you want to watch videos and 2) you need to have internet connection available if you are not at home. Personally this is not a problem for me, and is a great way to make my media library available without converting stuff.

Not promoting AVPlayerHD over any other application, however; using AVPlayerHD, you don't need to convert to any format and you would have these videos on your iPad to take with you any place where, even if wifi is not available

cheers

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't intend to promote anything, that was the only software that I had personal experience with though. There's several that do the same thing, that was the first one I found, and it was cheap and worked, so I have had no reason to seek alternatives.

It has the option to convert, so you can transfer, but that doesn't interest me. The ability to transcode is all I care about.

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use VLC media player, connect to iTunes and scroll down the app list to VLC and drag and drop any video file type you like.

Most reactions

Latest posts