What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hung in a shut down loop.

jomofo45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Daily News app and noticed that it didn't seem to be connecting for a download so I stopped it and tried to shut down the iPad thinking that a new start up might clear the problem. No luck, iPad is now hung in a shut down loop. ny suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say 'stuck in a shut-down loop' do you mean you tried to power your iPad down by holding down the Power button until the slider control appeared? You then accepted the offer to shut down, the rotating white bezel appeared on the screen and it simply doesn't go away?

If this is the case, then you may need to do a reboot.

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for 60 seconds - yes, you read me right - 60 seconds - until the white Apple logo appears. That 60 seconds can seem a real long time.....

Once the white Apple logo appears the iPad will reboot - don't panic, no apps or user data will be lost. The reboot takes quite a while, so you'll need patience - a few minutes - time to make yourself a nice cup of coffee.

Eventually you'll be back to the Home screen and good to go....

If this cures the problem - great and, don't worry, it's nothing serious - all computers 'hang' at one time or another.

If I've misunderstood the problem, don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll suggest some other 'solutions'.....

Hope this works

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

jomofo45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I found the solution in the guide after posting. RTBFS
I read the book. Thanks again.

Most reactions