What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hulu by May 24th?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That article was confusing...did it mean you could view 5 recent episodes for free but the entire catalog for $10 a month...or it was $10 a month and you could view 5 episodes but you would have to pay additional on top of the $10 to get older episodes.

OP
E

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That article was confusing...did it mean you could view 5 recent episodes for free but the entire catalog for $10 a month...or it was $10 a month and you could view 5 episodes but you would have to pay additional on top of the $10 to get older episodes.

I think it meant that as of right now you can only view the last 5 episodes of a show for free but by paying the fee you had access to their entire back catalog of shows recent and past.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think it meant that as of right now you can only view the last 5 episodes of a show for free but by paying the fee you had access to their entire back catalog of shows recent and past.

I would def do that...between hulu back catalog and netflix you would basically have every video you could need on your iPad....could hurt iTunes....tho I guess apple gets a cut of the service.

OP
E

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would def do that...between hulu back catalog and netflix you would basically have every video you could need on your iPad....could hurt iTunes....tho I guess apple gets a cut of the service.

Yea I would do it too. For $10 it's a no brainer.

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is good news I'm using Playon to stream to my Tv using my Xbox the Picture quality is ok, I'm sure streaming to the iPad should look great.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question #1: Will it apply to all Hulu viewers.
Question #2: Is that a monthly, annual, or one-time subscription.
These and more will need to be answered before I commit to a subscription. I watch a lot of Hulu, but get fustrated at what is left off of their episodes. Many times, it is only the first year or two of a show that lasted several years.

OP
E

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question #1: Will it apply to all Hulu viewers.
Question #2: Is that a monthly, annual, or one-time subscription.
These and more will need to be answered before I commit to a subscription. I watch a lot of Hulu, but get fustrated at what is left off of their episodes. Many times, it is only the first year or two of a show that lasted several years.

According to the article it's monthly $9.95 and it will give you access to all past episodes/seasons they have in their files.

mjeagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would probably drop my Netflix monthly plan in lieu of a monthly Hulu plan.

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been giving thought to paring down my Internet/Cable service to just Internet and diverting some of the saved money towards Netflix, but being able to catch re-runs of missed shows has kept me around.
This could turn out very nicely.

Currently, the word is that Hulu will continue to offer the past 5 episodes for free, with a premium service (Hulu Plus) offering "a more comprehensive selection of episodes" -SOURCE

Last edited:

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
" Access will cost $9.95 for which users will gain access to Hulu’s complete back catalogue of TV shows. You’ll still be able to watch five current TV show episodes for free, but older episodes will cost. "

This quote wins the most confusing sentences award. I think they are saying that the five most recent episodes are free. That is why they said "free" instead of "included". If you want more then the 9.95 applies.

Most reactions

Latest posts