What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hugh Hefner Says Uncensored Playboy App is Coming to iPad in March

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
playboyiPad.JPG

Hugh Hefner has today revealed via Twitter that Playboy will be releasing an iPad app in March, and that it will be “uncensoredâ€. What makes this story on Boy Genius Report so interesting is that if that really is the case, and the app really is uncensored and featuring every single page of a regular Playboy issue, including the centrefolds, this could herald a change in Apple’s attitude to adult content in the app store. Playboy already has an iOS app of course, which is available on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, but it is famously devoid of all nudity. Could Apple really be about to relax its stance on adult content in the App Store? And could this have something to do with the forthcoming magazine subscription service Apple is hoping to introduce, or with Apple’s partnership with Rupert Murdoch, some of whose own publications feature nudity, on The Daily project? We’ll have to wait and see when the iPad Playboy app appears in March!

Source: Hugh Hefner: Playboy coming to iPad in March, uncensored | BGR | Boy Genius Report

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bet it is a web app.

But if it isn't, I bet it's preceded by some way of confirming that it isn't purchased by a minor; either with a new adult App Store section that requires age verification, or bye some kind of in-app approval process.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The crazy part is that if you even download a third party browser, you get a warning like this --

warning.jpg

I don't see any warning like that on Safari! I do wish Apple would start treating us like adults!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
True, but you can't download Safari either. It would probably show the same rating on the store, if it was on the store. Or one would hope so.

I noticed that different browses all have the +17 warning, but what they list under it tends to very from just mature stuff to the entire list of specific mature stuff. Other then the +17 requirement, it is obviously up to the developer to decide what to list.

greg0rn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For uncensored Playboy we'll really need all screen resolution we can get. Retina display coming for sure!!!:D:D:D

Most reactions

Latest posts