What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Mini won't connect to internet

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it's Vista, you can right click the single monitor icon in the taskbar at the bottom and choose "Repair the Network." If it's Window's 7, you might type "Repair the Network" into the Start panel's search box, but I'm not sure if it's there. If that fails, as I believe another poster recommended, shut down your computer, unplug the router and plug it in again after a minute or two... then start up again.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seriously? I'm thinkin you don't speak Marie? Which is California Blonde Simple, Doc.

I will review what you stated and get back to you. My mini always did connect, so I don't know why it isn't now.:(

lol :D

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are connecting with wifi at home, then your internet connection is good from your house. I would double check to make sure that your 3G icon is not showing though.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G icon? You do realize that this thread is about my HP Mini laptop won't connect, right? Not the iPad?

Does my mini have or show the 3G icon?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was referring to the 3G icon on your iPad. If the iPad is connecting to the internet, but the 3G is not how it is connecting, then you have an internet linking issue with your mini, not a problem with your router connecting to the internet.

This eliminates all but the mini as the problem. It also means that the problem must be due to failure of the internet and mini to recognize each other. The next question is what operating system are you using? Vista or Win 7? I would assume Win 7, so the following guide might solve the problem.

Open the Control Panel in the Start Menu.
Open Troubleshooting in the Control Panel.

Note: If Troubleshooting is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.

Select Connect to the Internet under Network and Internet.

Click Next in the Internet Connections troubleshooting wizard.

Click Troubleshooting my connection to the Internet.

Hopefully a problem will be found. Click Try these repairs as an administrator.

Hopefully Windows 7 will be able to fix the problem. Click Close to close the wizard.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, make sure that you haven't accidentaly bumped the physical WiFi switch to off if it has one.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was referring to the 3G icon on your iPad. If the iPad is connecting to the internet, but the 3G is not how it is connecting,

My 3G never ever shows on my iPad when I am home. Never has. I just assume I set it up to connect with my wifi thru Comcast, like my computer here...

I'm not getting this am I?:(

then you have an internet linking issue with your mini, not a problem with your router connecting to the internet.

Correct. I never thought I had a router connection problem. Why would I when my computer here, and my iPad is lightening fast and connects just fine....:confused:

This eliminates all but the mini as the problem. It also means that the problem must be due to failure of the internet and mini to recognize each other.

Finally.:) We are getting some where ~ thus the reason for this thread. It always has recognized each other ~ never been a prob before....

The next question is what operating system are you using?

Vista ~ I know!:p

Gotta a Plan B?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Without wanting to be disrecpectful, 27 posts and still no solution...

Simply check if you hp mini has a valid ip address (192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x)... If it does, it means that the hp and the router are able to talk together. If it doesn't then it means that they are angry with each other ;)

A few reminders:

- is the icon on the hp mini showing that it is connected with a good signal strengh... Moving over with your mouse or clicking on it should give you some info...
- has mentionne by another poster, have you shut off the wifi on the hp mini? Often a small button on the side...
- did you change your securities in the routers? New key, new ssid, mac filtering?

Oh, also, when you boot in windows, is there a notification as wifi networks were detected, connection to wifi... They always show up upon login in the right bottom on the screen...

VicoPad addict!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without wanting to be disrecpectful, 27 posts and still no solution..

And what does that tell you? With all due respect I can't really be that much in a hurry, right? Could be 50 posts and still no solution. I will get to it though ~ sooner or later!

I hardly ever use my mini ~ not very often, I think I stated that somewhere. Or not. I just have not had the time to get it out and work on it.:) I will though come whining and pull this thread up when I want to use it again. I know me!

Last edited:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
SweetPoison said:
And what does that tell you? With all due respect I can't really be that much in a hurry, right? Could be 50 posts and still no solution. I will get to it though ~ sooner or later!

I hardly ever use my mini ~ not very often, I think I stated that somewhere. Or not. I just have not had the time to get it out and work on it.:) I will though come whining and pull this thread up when I want to use it again. I know me!

I agree, there's no rush, and that was not the purpose of my comment. I'm sorry if I have offended you. I should have clarified my state of mind z bit better :)

When struggling with network issues, people will try to fix things the Windows way, meaning: Reboot/Shutdown/Reset/Reinstall and hope for the best. Sometimes, it will be enough, but a network issue where the router seems to be fine will rarely be fixed this way. Often, the answer is quite simple and rarely you'll face a broken wifi card, or a bad router (it happens, but not that much).

Anyway, My wording may need some refinement. After all, english is my second language ;)

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts