What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Envy 6055e Setup Problems

applen00b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is in the right forum. I don't use Apple products myself, so this is Greek to me. This is a new printer install. It used to be connected to an Envy 5000. I updated the software, and somehow it would had listed the 5000 series, but would not let me set it to the 6000 series what was listed in the wifi settings. I also got an error saying not enough memory to complete this action. I think I may have an Ipad issue and a HP issue? I've watched 3 videos and it is still not working. Before I mess something up, I better ask.

Thanks in advance.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is in the right forum. I don't use Apple products myself, so this is Greek to me. This is a new printer install. It used to be connected to an Envy 5000. I updated the software, and somehow it would had listed the 5000 series, but would not let me set it to the 6000 series what was listed in the wifi settings. I also got an error saying not enough memory to complete this action. I think I may have an Ipad issue and a HP issue? I've watched 3 videos and it is still not working. Before I mess something up, I better ask.

Thanks in advance.
First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, for your first post here, your description is vague and certainly not clear; e.g. above in bold you claim not to use Apple products and then the iPad pops up? You really need to clarify the issues involved before I or likely others can respond intelligently.

Here are my assumptions: 1) You bought a new HP printer that you cannot setup, presumably as a 'wireless' printer - correct; and 2) You own an iPad which you have used AirPrint to print to an older HP printer that worked - correct? So my questions are: 1) Are you trying to setup the new HP printer wirelessly (vs. cabled to a computer either a PC or a Mac - I assume you do not own a Mac computer from the bolded statements above - correct?); 2) Do you have an iPad and are trying to print to the new HP device using AirPrint; and 3) Provide details on your home Wi-Fi network. That may help to get some advice. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts