What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several iPods, but have been a PC guy. After my experience with an HP tablet / laptop, I could see the writing on the wall. I kept saying, this is what we need, cut off the keyboard and have Apple make it elegant... it worked. My wife and I hav three, two iPad1s and 1 iPad2.

I research science and read a lot, I finally found the Molesking iPad case with the iPad on the left and a notepad on the right... perfect for taking notes while researching. This I use around home. I use the iPad for topographic maps while hiking, movies while travelling. Stocks / newspapers / magazines while travelling (we both have high quality Blu-tooth Headphones). I read my mail while my computer is booting at work.

I can't wait for a 17" iPad for around home.

My only disappointments are this Adobe Flash battle. This is getting old.

and that there is no MS OneNote application for iPad (ok, there is, but it is only for making a note0. I have a 20GB database (Knowledgebase) of thousands of scientific papers, and technical work information that I can share among my 6 PCs but not my iPads... this is frustrating, since learning is my passion.

My wife or I will look up stuff while watching a movie (to prove who was right). Can't wait to control my house, home theater, track my dogs.

But overall, the best device since the PC... back in the early '80s. This is one of those game changers... that was obvious from the moment Apple showed the first picture of one. I can't imagine being more that a few feet from mine, ever.

I

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

I have the moleskine too, and love it for my work. My only complaint in the UK is that we STILL cant get refil pads for it! Grrrrrrrrr! :mad:

OP
J

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had tried to find replacement pads and ran out of time... Thought it was me. Well, that's OK. It is dirt cheap to make your own. I use a fountain pen and special heavy 100% cotton paper. It can be cut and "padded" for about 30 cents a book at any copy store... So, guess it is all right with me. JD

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from slightly further north in Scotland - and, hey, it's still sunny.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JDFlood said:
I had tried to find replacement pads and ran out of time... Thought it was me. Well, that's OK. It is dirt cheap to make your own. I use a fountain pen and special heavy 100% cotton paper. It can be cut and "padded" for about 30 cents a book at any copy store... So, guess it is all right with me. JD

They are avaiable to order on Amazon now, but seem to have a 6 week delivery. I've ordered 4!

OP
J

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, from where in Scotland. I lived in Livingston for about a year for work. Loved Scotland, it's like the Pacific Northwest, but with a castle at all the good view points. JD

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, from where in Scotland. I lived in Livingston for about a year for work. Loved Scotland, it's like the Pacific Northwest, but with a castle at all the good view points. JD

I live about half-way between Aberdeen and Inverness in the Glens area of Scotland. Beautiful scenery, awful weather.....

Tim

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum JDFlood! Sounds like maybe you are an expert on the iPad already and could teach a lot of us some great things about our iPads! We pretty much all feel the same way about never wanting to be too far from our iPads! Hope to see you around, helping others out when you can.

Chiky

OP
J

JDFlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I live about half-way between Aberdeen and Inverness in the Glens area of Scotland. Beautiful scenery, awful weather.....

Tim

Nice, I'm jealous. I used to head up that way on weekend. JD

Most reactions

Latest posts