What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy

nevadaesj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the forum and 8 months or so to iphone and ipad. I have lots of questions, but they will go where they are appropriate. I am a new into drone flying so video editing, transferring, sharing are on my table. Also a couple of questions about why my wife's iPad is doing what it is doing.

A thought before I finish, I went to:
Are you a new MEMBER??? PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!
to be a good member. I found it pretty much really outdated and of little use. I clicked on a couple of links and found this: "The ipad - for Absolute Beginners". This was produced in 2010 and not updated since (at least not the first and most important post). Not any help there.
I hope the administrators do not take this as being critical. I know admins are really busy with the nuts and bolts of trying to herd cats (that would be me and everyone else), and maybe haven't revisited the early stuff lately.

I know I am going to learn a lot.

Gary

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @nevadaesj and welcome.

It's true that some of the sticky threads could do with an update. Trouble is, a lot of us have been around so long that we don't revisit the threads that deal with older versions of iOS, and have forgotten that some of them even exist.

You are welcome to start any thread you see fit and we will attempt to answer any questions you may have.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
New to the forum and 8 months or so to iphone and ipad. I have lots of questions, but they will go where they are appropriate. I am a new into drone flying so video editing, transferring, sharing are on my table. Also a couple of questions about why my wife's iPad is doing what it is doing.

A thought before I finish, I went to:
Are you a new MEMBER??? PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!
to be a good member.................

Hi Gary - welcome to the forum! :) As stated by Kevin, many of these older threads, even the 'stickies' may not be updated as one would wish - this is common to many forums that I frequent, and please keep in mind that most of people, including moderators, are unpaid volunteers, so some 'forgiveness' must be understood. As already suggested, review the recent threads pertinent to your issue (hardware/iOS/etc) and if your problem is not addressed, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum - hope to see you posting. Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As iOS has matured and become more complicated, the job of 'usefully' summarizing what you can do is no longer easy. What could be done in a hour or two and a couple posts would now take days and a small book to do right. The best solution is to point people at Apple's iPad User Guide, in the iBooks Store, where all that work has already been done; then build from that basis. And that's what we mostly do.

Perhaps unsticking some of the out of date stickies that are unlikely to be replaced or updated, due to time and difficulty, would be a good idea.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im relatively new to the iPad and these forums myself and see alot of old posts comming up on here. It would be nice if the newer posts would show up first. Any how Welcome to the forums.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im relatively new to the iPad and these forums myself and see alot of old posts comming up on here. It would be nice if the newer posts would show up first. Any how Welcome to the forums.

If you use "Active Topics" you'll see the subjects that are currently attracting interest. If anyone digs up a very old thread, it rises to the top but we generally take the opportunity to close it if the information in the lead post is out of date.

What we don't want to do is close hundreds of threads because it will make it difficult for people to find something that they can post in. It is important, particularly for new members, that the forum is as easy to use as possible. The moderators will, if need be, move posts around and sometimes start a new thread if we feel that the member's question will benefit.

Again, we encourage new threads. If you can't easily find a thread that discusses your point of interest, just start a new one. We used to encourage a thorough search, but now there are many incarnations of iOS and as many examples of iPad hardware it's probably difficult to find threads that talk about YOUR iPad running YOUR version of iOS.

If you want to talk about non-iPad stuff, the Off Topic forum is the place to do it, and pretty much anything goes in there, within the rules of course. Our off topic section is, like the rest of the forum, a family friendly, politics and religion free zone.

Most reactions